K&E's "Market shattering" bonuses

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
aromano95

K&E's "Market shattering" bonuses

Postby aromano95 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm

I've heard that K&E's bonuses are "market shattering" -- whatever that means. Can anyone provide some insight into this topic?
From what I've heard, first year ranges from 19-24K, second years can reach 40K, and then 4th/5th/6th year associates can gross almost 500K (salary+bonus).

CHICAGO OFFICE.

Is this true at all? Obviously, factors like hours and quality of work come into play, but can you speak to specific figures as a K&E associate progresses? Thanks

rpupkin

Re: K&E's "Market shattering" bonuses

Postby rpupkin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:21 pm

If you Google this topic you'll find plenty of on-point ATL articles. Kirkland's bonus scale usually leaks.

MillllerTime

Re: K&E's "Market shattering" bonuses

Postby MillllerTime » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:32 am

1.25x Cravath/Simpson scale if you're bad at your job, 1.75x Cravath/Simpson if you're good at your job. Most are right in the middle. I wish K&E made this a reason to work there over other shops, but frankly the difference is mostly hour dependent, and therefore rarely worth it.

There is a decent amount of internal rumor about going back to the 3x / 4x days of yore, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Return to “Legal Employment”