DOJ SLIP - summer 2018 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ SLIP - summer 2018

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Anonymous567 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My component is now not showing - did that happen to anyone else?
Which component?
Tax
My Tax component is still there, as is my ATR. It still says "Selected for Consideration for Employment" though.

Anonymous567

New

Post by Anonymous567 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous567 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My component is now not showing - did that happen to anyone else?
Which component?
Tax
My Tax component is still there, as is my ATR. It still says "Selected for Consideration for Employment" though.
That's what is confusing to me - It says "Selected for Consideration for Employment" but no component listing which is weird...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Anonymous567 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous567 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Which component?
Tax
That's what is confusing to me - It says "Selected for Consideration for Employment" but no component listing which is weird...
Let's both relax, The last message on Avue said SLIP was still ongoing. I think EOIR-OCIJ moves faster than everyone else.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Finalist for OCIJ. Called contact person. She said oral/written offers should go out "very soon" - within this week or next.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Great news - It updated to say Finalist, I can relax now. Hopefully yours updated too!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Just out of curiosity, did anyone from EOIR have an interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just out of curiosity, did anyone from EOIR have an interview?
I did not. Now I have no idea what to do—I assumed I was out of the running because I hadn't heard anything else when it seemed other people were being contacted/getting references checked. I just went ahead and accepted an offer at a firm. Does anyone know if "finalist"=offer? I would feel horrible reneging though :( .

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Finalist for OCIJ. Called contact person. She said oral/written offers should go out "very soon" - within this week or next.
Did you ask any other questions? I just called, and the contact person is out of the office. I'm curious as to what the time commitment is (in weeks), and did you happen to ask how many finalists there are?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Finalist for OCIJ. Called contact person. She said oral/written offers should go out "very soon" - within this week or next.
Did you ask any other questions? I just called, and the contact person is out of the office. I'm curious as to what the time commitment is (in weeks), and did you happen to ask how many finalists there are?
I asked what it meant that our status was changed from "Selected for further consideration" --> "Finalist." She basically said that means we're still being considered. She said nothing is official until we receive the offer. So I guess now... we continue to wait.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Finalist for Tax.

My Civ component was removed. So I guess removal of a component means removal from consideration?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just out of curiosity, did anyone from EOIR have an interview?
I did not. Now I have no idea what to do—I assumed I was out of the running because I hadn't heard anything else when it seemed other people were being contacted/getting references checked. I just went ahead and accepted an offer at a firm. Does anyone know if "finalist"=offer? I would feel horrible reneging though :( .
Per Deana's post: " Finalists include first-round offer candidates and alternates." So, in my opinion, being a finalist doesn't necessarily mean you have an offer. Hope this helps!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:07 pm

At least one component has started giving offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:At least one component has started giving offers.
What do you mean? Which component? Does offers = written/oral offers or are you basing this off status change to Finalist?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
What do you mean? Which component? Does offers = written/oral offers or are you basing this off status change to Finalist?
Not the same as the quoted poster, but I’ve received an offer through phone today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Not the same as the quoted poster, but I’ve received an offer through phone today.
Sorry. Didn’t answer your question fully. Tax.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:44 pm

If anyone receives an offer from EOIR-OCIJ please let everyone else know

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If anyone receives an offer from EOIR-OCIJ please let everyone else know
Several people have already reported to hearing back re OCIJ/immigration courts.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If anyone receives an offer from EOIR-OCIJ please let everyone else know
Several people have already reported to hearing back re OCIJ/immigration courts.
are you talking about those who stated that they received offers last week without being designated a finalist? or have people received offers since yesterday or today when they were designated as a finalist?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:14 pm

If my tax status hasn't been changed yet, does that mean I am not a finalist?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If my tax status hasn't been changed yet, does that mean I am not a finalist?
I think it means you're not a finalist, but you're also not out of the running! If calls went out today, then that means people have thirty days to respond. The office is probably waiting to see who all accepts/rejects before they call alternates or update others under consideration.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If my tax status hasn't been changed yet, does that mean I am not a finalist?
Do you have other components? My Tax hasn't changed, but I am selected for a few so I think it might just still say Tax.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:22 am

are you talking about those who stated that they received offers last week without being designated a finalist? or have people received offers since yesterday or today when they were designated as a finalist?
I referred to people who have received offers in the past couple of weeks. SLIP is decentralized, and OCIJ is the largest component and they're in the middle of doing honors program finalists right now. They're not going to function the same way as the rest of this program, timeline wise, when it comes to SLIP.

When I did SLIP last year, there were several weeks between my own offer and my housemate's offer - but we were at two separate courts across the country from each other.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I referred to people who have received offers in the past couple of weeks. SLIP is decentralized, and OCIJ is the largest component and they're in the middle of doing honors program finalists right now. They're not going to function the same way as the rest of this program, timeline wise, when it comes to SLIP.

When I did SLIP last year, there were several weeks between my own offer and my housemate's offer - but we were at two separate courts across the country from each other.
Do you know if anyone at your or your housemate's location was able to work out a split summer with OCIJ? I know the time commitment is a minimum of 10 weeks, but it also says things can be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Do you know which court that was?
I'm not comfortable sharing the specifics because there's often only one or two in a court, but they're going to Texas.
So they accepted?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Do you know which court that was?
I'm not comfortable sharing the specifics because there's often only one or two in a court, but they're going to Texas.
So they accepted?
Also were they designated as finalists before getting offers? cause it seems weird that everyone now got a finalist designation but some didn't?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”