come play with us at [url=top-law-schools.com]TLS[/url][img]http://mylsn.info/replaced_post.png[/img]

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Nebby

Diamond

Re: so has anyone successfully gotten their loans forgiven yet or what?

Postby Nebby » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:02 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Nebby wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:My first payment was November. That said, I have no idea how long it’s going to take to process any of this.

Was the first payment due in November or did you get your first bill in November? Unless you graduated before May, the first due date should have been December. Six months after May is November, which is when you're billed, and it was due in Dec.

You’re probably right, I don’t remember at this point except that it was before January.

But if the January person was unfortunate enough to be on a quarter system and graduate in June that probably explains the discrepancy.

Applying for an IBR plan would do it, too, because it automatically adds a month of deferment. I applied PAYE in October, was granted a month of deferment in November, received first bill in December, first due date was mid-January.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: so has anyone successfully gotten their loans forgiven yet or what?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Nebby wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Nebby wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:My first payment was November. That said, I have no idea how long it’s going to take to process any of this.

Was the first payment due in November or did you get your first bill in November? Unless you graduated before May, the first due date should have been December. Six months after May is November, which is when you're billed, and it was due in Dec.

You’re probably right, I don’t remember at this point except that it was before January.

But if the January person was unfortunate enough to be on a quarter system and graduate in June that probably explains the discrepancy.

Applying for an IBR plan would do it, too, because it automatically adds a month of deferment. I applied PAYE in October, was granted a month of deferment in November, received first bill in December, first due date was mid-January.

Yeah, that could be it, too. I applied for IBR (pre-PAYE) and they processed the application before my first payment was due, so there was no deferment necessary. I know sometimes that happens when you start, but it doesn't have to.

Return to “Legal Employment?