Anyone start at Kirkland & Ellis as a 3L/entry-level associate?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone start at Kirkland & Ellis as a 3L/entry-level associate?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi, I will be starting as a 3L in KE’s NYC office? Anyone also have started as a 3L/entry-level associate and have any tips on how they integrated into the firm culture/got to know people? Thanks!

RaceJudicata

Gold

Re: Anyone start at Kirkland & Ellis as a 3L/entry-level associate?

Postby RaceJudicata » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi, I will be starting as a 3L in KE’s NYC office? Anyone also have started as a 3L/entry-level associate and have any tips on how they integrated into the firm culture/got to know people? Thanks!

You’ll meet people by working with them. Attend office events when they have them. If you have an office mate in New York, that’ll help, particularly if they were a summer (no idea if Kirkland has shared offices for juniors). Not at Kirkland, but the ways to get to know people don’t vary much firm to firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:58 am

Lol, I thought we overhired summer associates with something like 80 2Ls, but I guess they still need more warm bodies. Congrats on getting hired as a 3L! Honestly it's such a big class and office that you'll probably fit in without any worries. What practice group?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:24 pm

I'll also be starting as a 3L hire, but in the Boston office.

Return to “Legal Employment?