Boston Financial District Housing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sjp200

Bronze

Boston Financial District Housing

Post by sjp200 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Anyone familiar with where to get good housing in Boston's Financial District? Ideally would pay more to be closer to work. Perfect place is pet friendly (have myself a pup who will be a little over a year) and furnished

jhett

Bronze

Re: Boston Financial District Housing

Post by jhett » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:02 am

There is little to no housing in the financial district itself. There are a bunch of luxury apartments/condos in the surrounding districts like Chinatown, South End, North End, and Seaport. You'll pay a lot for the pleasure of living in these places, but they have nice amenities.

I know that Equity Apartments allows pets. They have three properties in the vicinity of the Financial District.

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:37 am

Boston's also really small and you would have no problems living in any of the neighborhoods mentioned above and walking to work (as long as you can handle a 10 min walk). No one really lives in the financial district

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 pm

sjp200 wrote:Anyone familiar with where to get good housing in Boston's Financial District? Ideally would pay more to be closer to work. Perfect place is pet friendly (have myself a pup who will be a little over a year) and furnished
I would use padmapper and click the "more" box to look for pets. If you are interested in Beacon Hill, it's about a 1 mile walk to Post Office Square. There are TONS TONS TONS of dogs in the Beacon Hill Area, and it's a super-easy (downhill) walk to the FD. I recommend Norell at Presidential Properties if you're looking for a dog-friendly place. He's GREAT. If you want to get a better sense of the dog community, join the Common Canine Facebook group.

In general, Boston's housing market is cyclical and so if you want a pet-friendly place, it's best to look very early. GL. PM me if you want more info.

prisonerofazkaban1

New

Post by prisonerofazkaban1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Additionally, if you end up looking outside of Boston's downtown, I can highly recommend Cambridge, particularly the red line. Straight shot to the financial district, less expensive, and more likely to be pet-friendly.

Echo the Boston market being cyclical - September 1 is basically city moving day. Look early if you need dog-friendly housing.

Edit: fail, meant to say September 1...
Last edited by prisonerofazkaban1 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 am

prisonerofazkaban1 wrote:Additionally, if you end up looking outside of Boston's downtown, I can highly recommend Cambridge, particularly the red line. Straight shot to the financial district, less expensive, and more likely to be pet-friendly.

Echo the Boston market being cyclical - September w is basically city moving day. Look early if you need dog-friendly housing.
Yeah, Cambridge is really legit. More affordable, the red line touches a lot of Boston, and has a feel of livability (living downtown strikes me sort of like living in a hotel next door to the office). That being said, something like InkBlock would probably be pretty dope to live in (assuming BL+ salary), but I'm not sure if they're pet friendly.

prisonerofazkaban1

New

Post by prisonerofazkaban1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
prisonerofazkaban1 wrote:Additionally, if you end up looking outside of Boston's downtown, I can highly recommend Cambridge, particularly the red line. Straight shot to the financial district, less expensive, and more likely to be pet-friendly.

Echo the Boston market being cyclical - September w is basically city moving day. Look early if you need dog-friendly housing.
Yeah, Cambridge is really legit. More affordable, the red line touches a lot of Boston, and has a feel of livability (living downtown strikes me sort of like living in a hotel next door to the office). That being said, something like InkBlock would probably be pretty dope to live in (assuming BL+ salary), but I'm not sure if they're pet friendly.
Seaport is sweet as well, and right near the Financial District (pricy though).

Edit: accidental anon, this is prisonerofazkaban1

Pokemon

Gold

Post by Pokemon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Do not live in fin district, probably worse central body on neighborhood to live in. Boston is so small that you can easily walk from the neighborhood surrounding fin district. Back bay is a 15-20 minute walk, south end 25-30, north end and beacon hill is next door literally.

I second what people say about Cambridge; I also find the people tend to underrate south end

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”