How to get pro bono hours in law school?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to get pro bono hours in law school?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:29 am

I am a 3L who will be taking the NY bar. I have already taken a 4 credit hour clinic, and I think it qualifies for the NY pro bono requirement. But if it doesn't, what are some ways I can reach the 50 hour requirement during my 3L year? I did firm work both 1L and 2L summer, and did not do any pro bono work during those summers.

I looked into volunteering at certain organizations in town, but I'm not sure what the expected commitment for those things is. Is it one semester? Etc. It's unfortunately too late for me to apply for qualifying clinics/externships.

I read the NY pro bono rule and it looks like my 4 credit hour clinic qualifies. I passed it, but I don't think I particularly impressed my professor/supervising attorney in that clinic. Does that matter?

Return to “Legal Employment�