2L SA Ding

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L SA Ding

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Received this ding from a V15 firm and thought it sounded exceptionally nice. It was definitely the firm I wanted to work at and one that I would be very interested in working at after graduation. I was wondering if this comes off as just a standard, but polite, rejection or if it sounds like genuine interest: (I've redacted the firm name for anonymity)

"Thank you for your interest in [redacted]. We are very impressed by your qualifications. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a spot in our 2018 Summer Associate program.

I strongly encourage you to reapply next year for a first year associate position. In the meantime, I will keep your information on file and contact you about any recruiting events we host at your school. We’d love to see you there.

Thanks once again for your interest in our firm. I wish you the very best for the remainder of your school year and hope to meet you in the future!"

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Re: 2L SA Ding

Postby foregetaboutdre » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:50 pm

Unfortunately it is totally normal and boilerplate.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:43 pm

No offense, but you are either 1) a perfect candidate who hasn't been rejected or 2) haven't applied to enough SA positions if you haven't seen that EXACT language in other rejection letters/emails.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:54 pm

Agreed; this is a 100% normal rejection.

Return to “Legal Employment?