Questions to ask before/during interview?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
whyohwhy080

New

Questions to ask before/during interview?

Postby whyohwhy080 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:22 pm

I am currently in the process of interviewing for an associate position. Awaiting bar results at the moment and working at a general practice (permanent position).

I had my initial interview over the phone. In the meantime, I'd like to ask the employer a few questions to show that I'm interested but I just don't know what to ask. I've already asked about his caseload (he's a solo practitioner btw). Obviously, I want a permanent position because that's what I have right now.

I just need the right questions to ask because I feel sort of iffy about taking a risk and leaving my current job. Please help.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Questions to ask before/during interview?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:46 pm

I don't think it will help anything to contact this person again with questions, especially if you don't know what to ask. If they bring you in for another interview then ask questions, but at this point I don't think you need to show continued interest in the position. People assume you're still interested in a job you've applied for as long as you don't withdraw your application.

whyohwhy080

New

Postby whyohwhy080 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:05 pm

But he keeps asking me to send him questions if I have any. And I know he'll be most likely scheduling an in person interview soon.

The phone call was last Thursday. He emailed me today letting me know I can ask him whatever I want and it won't bother him.

ur_hero

Bronze

Postby ur_hero » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:10 pm

whyohwhy080 wrote:But he keeps asking me to send him questions if I have any. And I know he'll be most likely scheduling an in person interview soon.

The phone call was last Thursday. He emailed me today letting me know I can ask him whatever I want and it won't bother him.

More than likely, he doesn't ACTUALLY want you to send him any specific questions - he's just expressing a continued interest in you by being welcoming. Return the favor by just letting him know that you're excited/looking forward to scheduling that interview as soon as possible. Save your awesome questions for in-person - ain't nobody actually got time for that via email.

whyohwhy080

New

Postby whyohwhy080 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Actually, that makes sense. Thanks.

Return to “Legal Employment�