OCI Screener - CB - Offer rate?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Aergia

New

Re: OCI Screener - CB - Offer rate?

Postby Aergia » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Who in the world would want 11-15 offers?

You can only keep 5 if you follow NALP. As soon as I got my first offer I cancelled callbacks and screeners with every firm I liked less than that one. So I ended up only doing 3 callbacks and had 2 offers, but that was one more offer than I needed. Some major ego stroking going on here.

How many offers you have is the most irrelevant of possible things you can seem to maximize for bragging rights. It can't go on a resume and is meaningless the second you accept an offer.

10-15 is excessive but some people don't know a whole lot about the different cultures and pros/cons of different firms coming in to OCI. Your approach is difficult unless you've been networking all summer or your preferences just mirror the Vault (which is probably true of most ppl on TLS).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:02 am

True. NYC and DC have so many firms it might be difficult to know much at all, I'm in Houston and after doing receptions, law review stuff, etc, I kinda knew exactly what firms I wanted most by the time OCI rolled around. So I do agree that my numbers are lower than what most people should shoot for, but 15 offers is still a crazy amount.

To me, that would have the opposite problem: information overload and it would make it even harder to pick one out of fifteen rather than one out of six or seven.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Just for curiosity's sake as it's a bit of an outlier:

A couple years ago
T14 top 1-2%, law review, etc.
~20 screeners, ~12 CBs, 8-9 attended, 1 offer (and 1 pre-OCI)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:56 pm

T30
Bottom 25%

400+ apps --> 12 screeners (all through OCI) --> 1 CB --> 1 Offer (v50).

Return to “Legal Employment�