Any Big Lawyers with Narcolepsy or IH?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any Big Lawyers with Narcolepsy or IH?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 am

Putting the cart before the horse here because I'm still waiting on my PSG/MSLT results, but I'd love to hear from any big law associates with N or IH on how you cope day-to-day.

I'm a 2L with a big law SA lined up and have my heart set on corporate work, which I know will be tough to manage with excessive daytime sleepiness. Hoping to get diagnosed and get things under control before this summer, but I recognize that scheduled naps may still be necessary to function at my best. So I'm naturally apprehensive about the generally unaccommodating nature of the profession. TIA!

Anonymous User

Re: Any Big Lawyers with Narcolepsy or IH?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:34 pm

I highly recommend asking your doctor about modafinil/armodafinil (common brands are provigil and nuvigil), and would definitely take either over any low-dose amphetamine that your doctor tries to prescribe; modafinil provides the same wakefulness as amphetamine, but without all the godawful crashing, anxiety, and risk of physical dependence.

Return to “Legal Employment�