Eversheds Sutherland DC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Eversheds Sutherland DC

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Does anyone have any experience or heard anything about what it's like to work in the DC office of Eversheds?

Anonymous User

Re: Eversheds Sutherland DC

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:18 pm

Current associate at ES. What do you want to know?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Just looking for general info. Your experience as a summer associate if you were one? Your experience as an associate? Hours? Bonus generosity, culture etc

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:34 pm

I wasn't a summer, but the summers who just left had a great time - there were a couple of events a week, but they were also doing substantive work in a variety of practice areas. I believe those who knew they wanted to be in certain practice groups were able to seek out work from those groups. I've enjoyed being an associate, and I think my hours are pretty fair - not a ton of weekend work, no late nights, but it's different in each practice group. I think the culture is good - I haven't run into any crazy jerks, and everyone in my practice area gets along pretty well. We are pushing the Eversheds combination pretty heavily now, so that shouldn't be something you're opposed to if you are thinking of coming to the firm. I think it's a great place to be.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks a lot. From your experience, is the salary structure at DC market?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:00 am

I'm a mid-level, and it is for me (unlike the firm I came from), but it's not lockstep so ymmv.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a mid-level, and it is for me (unlike the firm I came from), but it's not lockstep so ymmv.
Can I have more information regarding the 2L summer associate program?
1. Are offers generally made?
2. Are there intern activities during the summer?
3. How are the interns trained?
4. General vibes from the DC office?

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:35 pm

Can I have more information regarding the 2L summer associate program?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can I have more information regarding the 2L summer associate program?

I think all the summers got offers last summer except one or two. I heard it was work product related, but I don't know for sure. Apparently everyone saw the no-offers coming from miles away, but again, I don't know for sure what happened. It wasn't one of those things where someone like, slapped a partner or jumped off a cruise ship though.

There are tons of summer associate activities - there were probably two a week, varying from karaoke to a brewery tour to an escape room to the normal types of dinners/lunches with partners/associates. It seems like they had lots of training - lunches, morning meetings, plus all the informal training you get that goes along with each assignment.

I think the DC office is great, but everything is so practice group specific that really you should get a feel for what groups you like and try and get integrated with those groups, because honestly, the people in any group that isn't mine could be awful and I wouldn't know and it wouldn't impact me too much.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”