11 credits 2L Fall Semester. Problem?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

11 credits 2L Fall Semester. Problem?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 pm

2L who struck out.

51 credits left to graduate.

I plan on taking 11 this fall.

Will this be a problem if I do 3L OCI? I'll take many more in Spring (14-16).

UVA2B

Gold

Re: 11 credits 2L Fall Semester. Problem?

Postby UVA2B » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:20 pm

The only problem you potentially are dealing with is whether you're maintaining the minimum number of credits to be a full time student. And maybe you could be dealing with having to heavily load your schedule to meet credit requirements for graduation in the next three semesters. In terms of your hiring prospects, it won't matter (without knowing a lot more about your situation, but even then it probably won't be important).

What exactly are you worried about in 3L OCI, and as a likely extension, hiring generally?

I think your concerns are probably slightly different than what you're asking here, but you'll need to help us out by figuring out what exactly your goals are and what your concerns are with reaching those goals.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Postby sparkytrainer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 pm

3L OCI isn't really a thing anymore. Go visit the 3L oci thread. You need to focus all your energy on getting a SA now, because the truth if you strike out now, the statistics aren't in your favor moving forward.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:32 am

Setting aside the probability of landing a gig during 3L OCI (which is low), you should be most concerned about raising your gpa. Best way to do that is to take more classes. Load up now, try and ace this year, and give yourself a fighting chance.

No one will will care how many classes you take, but they will care what your gpa is - so take more classes to boost it.

Return to ‚ÄúLegal Employment‚Ä?