OCI Strikeout and next steps

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI Strikeout and next steps

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:49 pm

3.1-3.2 at lower T14. Have been following the standard TLS advice and mass mailing firms in markets and states that I have connections to over the past few weeks. Still have a couple of completed CBs out in the ether, but .000 so far from the ones I've heard from. I'm not in panic mode yet, but everything from OCI came back negative, and I'm wondering if there was anything else I should be doing besides mass mailing/following up on prior mass mails.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: OCI Strikeout and next steps

Postby UVA2B » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Generally speaking, the major markets are about to hit a critical point you should be thinking about capitalizing on. Offers are accepted for places like NYC in the next week or so in pretty wide swaths, so you can also hit up the major market firms you haven't applied to yet to try to get bites at firms you haven't applied for before. You can't really afford to be picky, but you can afford to be indiscriminate in applying to every firm in every market that you'd be interested working in.

Depending on the markets you targeted, those CBs could still result in something, but even if they don't, the hiring process is far from done. Keep marketing yourself to firms in markets you'd want to work, and don't stop until you have an offer you want.

Return to “Legal Employment�