WSGR NY Corporate Group

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

WSGR NY Corporate Group

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Does anyone know anything about their Corporate group? It looks like there are only about 20 total lawyers listed on the firm's website as Corporate in the NY office.

Anonymous User

Re: WSGR NY Corporate Group

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know anything about their Corporate group? It looks like there are only about 20 total lawyers listed on the firm's website as Corporate in the NY office.

I'm familiar with the team there. What do you want to know?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Not OP but how is the quality of work/type of work? Is it mosty just tech work? How are the personalities like? Tough place to work? Or people generally nice. Thanks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:45 pm

OP here. Do they have their own (I'm assuming) tech clients in NY and do all the corp work you'd expect for that client base (mix of corp governance, M&A, cap markets), or is it more of a support group for the CA office? It looks like they only have a few associates in the group, so wondering what one would expect to be doing as an associate in the group. Also, what is the work environment like, if you know?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. Do they have their own (I'm assuming) tech clients in NY and do all the corp work you'd expect for that client base (mix of corp governance, M&A, cap markets), or is it more of a support group for the CA office? It looks like they only have a few associates in the group, so wondering what one would expect to be doing as an associate in the group. Also, what is the work environment like, if you know?

[2nd poster in thread]
Yes, the group has its own client base and is more than just a "support group" for CA. As in other offices, clients range from brand new start-ups on up to public companies -- typically in tech or life sciences -- and WSGR does the full mix of corp work you describe for those clients... corp governance, M&A, venture financings, IPOs, etc. NYC works closely with the corporate groups in DC and Boston. As a junior, you'd likely get to know the East Coast groups better than those at Palo Alto HQ.

I think if you like the clients that WSGR attracts and the work that the firm does for those clients, then it's a great group. If you're considering a SA offer, I'd be happy to set up a call or e-mail separately to discuss.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here. Do they have their own (I'm assuming) tech clients in NY and do all the corp work you'd expect for that client base (mix of corp governance, M&A, cap markets), or is it more of a support group for the CA office? It looks like they only have a few associates in the group, so wondering what one would expect to be doing as an associate in the group. Also, what is the work environment like, if you know?

[2nd poster in thread]
Yes, the group has its own client base and is more than just a "support group" for CA. As in other offices, clients range from brand new start-ups on up to public companies -- typically in tech or life sciences -- and WSGR does the full mix of corp work you describe for those clients... corp governance, M&A, venture financings, IPOs, etc. NYC works closely with the corporate groups in DC and Boston. As a junior, you'd likely get to know the East Coast groups better than those at Palo Alto HQ.

I think if you like the clients that WSGR attracts and the work that the firm does for those clients, then it's a great group. If you're considering a SA offer, I'd be happy to set up a call or e-mail separately to discuss.

OP here - can I pm you to set up an email?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

[2nd poster in thread]

OP here - can I pm you to set up an email?

I'd prefer to PM you if you don't mind. Sorry - trying to stay anon here.

Return to “Legal Employment�