Taking a day off only 3-4 months after starting

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Love With The Coco

New

Taking a day off only 3-4 months after starting

Postby Love With The Coco » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Say you start as a stub in September/October. Bad to take a day off in January for a 3 day weekend?

Vincent Adultman

Silver

Re: Taking a day off only 3-4 months after starting

Postby Vincent Adultman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:45 pm

No

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Postby SmokeytheBear » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Nope.

Depends on your firm and their policies. Some firms don't have vacation policies. For those firms, I would just let the partners/senior associates know that you are going to take the day off a few weeks before that day. Let them know if you are going to be foreign or domestic and whether you'll have access to email. I would expect that you're going to have to field emails.

For firms that have vacation policies, you'll need to submit a form to get it approved (usually a rubber stamp approval). I would still follow the above advice about letting senior associate/partner know.

Also note that some firms won't provide coverage for vacations of less than a week. In that case, you might have to do some work.

thegrayman

Silver

Postby thegrayman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:23 pm

The reason question is whether you'll get crushed with a work assignment on your day off, not whether you can take it off in the first place :D

Return to “Legal Employment�