New screener after bad experience ?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
UVA2B

Gold

Re: Ever appropriate to request different / additional screener?

Postby UVA2B » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:45 pm

UVA2B wrote:
Wonnker wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
Even in your reading of the situation, what possible positive outcome will result? At best, the firm realizes that there was a bad interview and chalks it up as such, while changing their interview process/interview rotation.

I don't think you're stupid, naive, or anything negative, but I think you're sympathetic to those going through this process. There will be times when an interviewer/interviewee possibly unfairly judges a candidate, and as a result is doomed from the start. But that doesn't mean the process was inherently unfair/deserving of reconsideration. The OP likely got screwed by the situation, but that doesn't mean much in the hiring process. They need to move on from this slight or injustice and keep applying to firms that will be a better fit.

Fair enough. There are probably better ways for OP to use his/her time. My comment was written from the perspective of a guy who recently wrote an angry letter (accompanied by a check) to the PA Turnpike Authority, accusing them of intentionally not installing card readers at toll booths because they know that most people no longer carry cash, and it gives them cover to charge a $25 administrative fee on a $2.50 unpaid toll in order to solicit revenue for their little racket. Seriously, a $2.50 toll to traverse 10 miles of poorly-maintained highway in rural Pennsylvania? Stingy toll trolls even made me pay postage!

Point is, it accomplished nothing, but it made me feel better... :mrgreen:

Your advice was bad and biased, got it.

And my advice was wrong. Full circle, and all that.

Anonymous User

Re: New screener after bad experience ?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:09 pm

OP here: glad I went with my gut on this one

Wonnker

New

Re: PLEASE DELETE THREAD

Postby Wonnker » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:27 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP HERE: I was given a new screening interview

It's time for a revenge power move. Don't answer when they call, and then call back 25 minutes later, saying that you're ready for the interview.

Hell yeah, topsy-turvy that motherf*cker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URtQAa3Y-ns

personwholaws

New

Postby personwholaws » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here: glad I went with my gut on this one

Keep us updated, it would be intresting to see how it all turns out for you.

strawberrieee

Bronze

Postby strawberrieee » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:10 am

It would be fun if you get an offer and run into your first screener at work. :lol:

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:04 am

Wonnker wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP HERE: I was given a new screening interview

It's time for a revenge power move. Don't answer when they call, and then call back 25 minutes later, saying that you're ready for the interview.

Hell yeah, topsy-turvy that motherf*cker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URtQAa3Y-ns

Good advice. And here's what OP should do if he gets a callback and runs into the first associate who screened him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEhk5N32Tec

Wonnker

New

Postby Wonnker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:24 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Good advice. And here's what OP should do if he gets a callback and runs into the first associate who screened him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEhk5N32Tec

I KNEW that was where you were going before I even clicked the link. Leon is the man, hope they bring his character back for new season.

Return to “Legal Employment�