How often to follow up with mass mailed firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How often to follow up with mass mailed firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:12 pm

Just wondering how often to follow up with firms at this point, after having mass mailed them or after having applied online? Every two weeks? Sooner? Later?

Anonymous User

Re: How often to follow up with mass mailed firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:50 am

I waited a month & got a couple of skype interviews as a result of following up. Not sure if that's standard. Two weeks just seems too soon.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:I waited a month & got a couple of skype interviews as a result of following up. Not sure if that's standard. Two weeks just seems too soon.

Anything come of those interviews?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I waited a month & got a couple of skype interviews as a result of following up. Not sure if that's standard. Two weeks just seems too soon.

Anything come of those interviews?

The first one was with a small town, small firm (45 lawyers) and I think it went very well. They said they don't intend to make a hiring decision until October (which I assume is to take advantage of the panicking OCI strike out crop - which it appears more and more like I will be among them) I doubt the pay will be great, but oh well.

The second interview is this coming Tuesday with a midsize firm in a med-sized Southern city.

I only had 3 callbacks from OCI - the last being this last Wed- and so far, no word from any of them. (I'm a little above med at t20. Not sure if my lack of success is due to grades or if I'm just unknowingly terrible at interviews)

I've got some more following up to do. I'm staggering the follow-ups in groups, so I still have a few more to send out. Hopefully someone takes interest. I'm gonna say I probably mailed close to 200 apps. I will probably start mailing places like North Dakota and Wyoming soon. Lol

Return to “Legal Employment�