Waitlist for firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Waitlist for firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Our law school OCI took place almost a month ago. So far, there are a number of firms I have yet to hear from. Neither CB nor ding. All of them being NY and DC biglaws.

Does it mean I'm on a waitlist? Or they simply forgot to ding me?

Anonymous User

Re: Waitlist for firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Our law school OCI took place almost a month ago. So far, there are a number of firms I have yet to hear from. Neither CB nor ding. All of them being NY and DC biglaws.

Does it mean I'm on a waitlist? Or they simply forgot to ding me?

You are their second choice. I've been sending them rejection emails after accepting another offer.

Toni V

Bronze

Postby Toni V » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:51 am

Law firms are like airlines in as much as they overbook. If the firm is looking for 10 new additions and has located those 10, they know that a few will be hijacked by competing firms so they add another 5-10 to their list. Even then the firm may still come up short, that is a key reason why many applicants are selected late in the process. If you have not been dinged, do not to give up hope.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:03 am

I am still waiting for my Stroock ding for my 2017 summer SA. You may be on a waitlist...or they may just not deign to let you know you've been dinged.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am still waiting for my Stroock ding for my 2017 summer SA. You may be on a waitlist...or they may just not deign to let you know you've been dinged.

I think you still have a chance at that 2017 SA position

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:26 pm

I'm still waiting on some dings from 2014 OCI.

Return to “Legal Employment�