Offer Call

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Offer Call

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:14 pm

How does a firm decide which one of your callback interviewers (among partners) should call you to extend an offer? Just curious because the person who called me was actually the interviewer who asked some curveball questions and seemed to dislike me somewhat.

Re: Offer Call

Postby UVA2B » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Beyond the normal, "depends on the firm" response, why does it matter? You got an offer. Be happy about it. Don't read tea leaves on things that could never possibly matter.

Postby mjb447 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm sure it varies by firm, but, since matchmaking between partner and offeree for this one-minute phone call isn't billable work, I can imagine that not being something they pay much attention to.

Postby strawberrieee » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:48 pm

I got call from the firm's hiring partner (and I know for that firm, that partner calls every offerees). I also got call from the most junior associate who interviewed me. I'm quite positive that it's a firm thing and has little to do with you or their opinions about you.

Return to “Legal Employment”