Lit Offers: Latham (San Diego) v. Kirkland (Houston) v. Gibson (Dallas)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

With a focus on litigation, which offer would you choose?

a) Latham (San Diego - Del Mar)
50%
b) Kirkland (Houston)
17%
c) Gibson (Dallas)
33%

Total votes: 6

Anonymous User

Lit Offers: Latham (San Diego) v. Kirkland (Houston) v. Gibson (Dallas)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:11 pm

I'm sure I want to do litigation generally (no specialization in particular sticks out) and love Texas and San Diego for the more chill lifestyle the firms have compared to where I am now in LA. I want to be in the best firm (read: prestigious) for litigation.

Any major differences I should consider among the below 3 offers, culturally or otherwise (substantive work/partnership/exit options/reputation, etc), or does it come down to who I want to work with and where I want to work?

a) Latham (San Diego) -- SD is heavily IP/tech/bio/environmental lit-focused; office is in Del Mar, aka super chill/corporate office park-type surroundings with about 80 people split between lit/transactional.
b) Kirkland (Houston) -- Smallest and newest lit group of the three: 3 partners and 8 associates out of 100-person office started in 2014.
c) Gibson (Dallas) -- 50-person lit group in 70-person office that opened in 1984. Dallas seems nicer than Houston.

Return to “Legal Employment�