Which offer should I accept?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Which offer should I accept?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:18 pm

A
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Which offer should I accept?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:38 pm

Since I've only ever heard of Paul Hastings, I'd go with that one.

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Since I've only ever heard of Paul Hastings, I'd go with that one.

You've never heard of Jackson Walker? They have a pretty big presence in TX.

OP, what sort of work are you looking for/hoping to get into at any of these firms? Practice group can be huge in making these decisions.

Further, what are your reasons for assuming you have offers coming soon from all of them? What makes you that confident? I'm not doubting you'll get the offers, but this can be a cart and horse problem if you're not careful in considering your options.

ETA: I sheepishly looked up Porter and Strasburger because I was less familiar, and it seems especially true that practice group, geographic preference, and/or compensation should drive this decision.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Since I've only ever heard of Paul Hastings, I'd go with that one.

Thank you!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:28 pm

UVA2B wrote:

You've never heard of Jackson Walker? They have a pretty big presence in TX.

OP, what sort of work are you looking for/hoping to get into at any of these firms? Practice group can be huge in making these decisions.

Further, what are your reasons for assuming you have offers coming soon from all of them? What makes you that confident? I'm not doubting you'll get the offers, but this can be a cart and horse problem if you're not careful in considering your options.

ETA: I sheepishly looked up Porter and Strasburger because I was less familiar, and it seems especially true that practice group, geographic preference, and/or compensation should drive this decision.

Thank you so much. I am interested in transactional matters rather than litigation and would like to have the option to do some international work.

Return to “Legal Employment�