Kirkland ny split summer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Kirkland ny split summer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:33 am

Thinking of splitting summer btw Kirkland nyc and an international firm overseas.

Has anyone heard of a situation where splitting summer in kirkland in particular has led to no offer?

Anonymous User

Re: Kirkland ny split summer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:42 am

They have a 100% offer rate, so that seems unlikely.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:33 am

I've never heard of a situation where Kirkland allowed someone to split with another firm. Kirkland has its own international offices and would probably insist you split within the firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:08 pm

To echo the other posters: Kirkland is really proud of their 100% offer rate so if they let you split they surely wouldn't hold it against you, but the problem is that I don't think they let anyone split. The only Kirkland 2L summers I know who spent time at other firms were either just spending a couple weeks at Kirkland to touch back after spending 1L summer with them, or vice versa: doing the full ten weeks at Kirkland and then going to touch back at their other 1L firm at the end of the summer. I don't think anyone does a "real" split at Kirkland.

Return to “Legal Employment�