High Level Plaintiff Work Exit Options

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

High Level Plaintiff Work Exit Options

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:40 pm

I am a 2L at a T6 school and currently have an offer for a SA position at a well respected plaintiff's law firm. They don't do slip and fall type work-- they do higher end antitrust and employment litigation. I liked the people and feel like the work would be fulfilling, but I also know that I tend to get restless after a few years of doing anything and would probably like to go to a USAO or other government role down the line.

Does anyone have any insight into what the exit options are from the top level of plaintiff's firms? The number of lawyers that come in and out of these firms is much lower, so it's been a bit harder for me to track down.

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Re: High Level Plaintiff Work Exit Options

Postby gaddockteeg » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:41 pm

practice area is significant.

reputable plaintiffs firms will place into fed gov very well but similar to big law, its often very correlated with practice area. e.g., bernstein litowitz places into SEC very often, cohen milstein places into cfpb very often.

Return to “Legal Employment�