Dos and Donts: OCI Rejection -- Asking Employer Why

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
elendinel

Silver

Re: Dos and Donts: OCI Rejection -- Asking Employer Why

Postby elendinel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:I'm sort of at a loss as to what all of you rejecting-dwelling people expect to accomplish by doing this. If you get any response at all, it's guaranteed to be a lie (the only possible response that's even vaguely true is that their firm gets many more qualified applicants than they have spots for). And if by some miracle someone actually told you the truth, which is that you have mediocre grades from mediocre schools and/or you're not a particularly interesting or likeable person, what is it that you expect to do with that information?

What if we changed this question up a bit? What if the question wasn't focused on "how can I do better for another firm's interview" but rather "I'm not ready to give up yet. I'm capable of working for you and I'm prepared to contact you next April when you're looking for 3Ls at T6 schools. And I'm going to bust my ass to get your recognition." And, why not add onto that: "what do you need me to do to ensure that you smile the next time you see me?"

Is there merit in this?

This has to be flame.

Return to “Legal Employment�