Client Development - as a junior

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Client Development - as a junior

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:53 pm

During law school, I recruited pretty aggressively for corporate M&A and private equity type business roles. I worked all through law school at a couple of places where I interfaced with numerous private equity firms (think reps and warranty insurer, endowment funds, family investment office, fund of funds) and networked pretty heavily with others.

This upcoming fall, I will be working in the private equity practice group at a regional law firm. I fully intend on staying in contact with many of these connections as I still want to move to a more business role. However at the moment, I'm wondering what can I do with regards to some of these contacts for potential business development standpoint.

I know I don't know s*** with regards to the legal aspects of many of these deals, but how can I get into a position where I can introduce people I know to partners who can potentially close clients? My firm provides significant bonuses for associates for this sort of client development, and additionally I would potentially provide some value to my contacts at these PE firms.

Return to “Legal Employment�