DC CB--> Offer 2017

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from Hogan??


I know Hogan gave out some offers within a day or two of interviews last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:01 am

Do we have any more data points for Covington DC? The recruiting people said two weeks, but I have the feeling that was the timeline for a rejection...

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do we have any more data points for Covington DC? The recruiting people said two weeks, but I have the feeling that was the timeline for a rejection...


Weird, I interviewed in the last couple days and the recruiting folks told me one week. This was at the very beginning of the interview too, so it's not like they knew my outcome yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do we have any more data points for Covington DC? The recruiting people said two weeks, but I have the feeling that was the timeline for a rejection...


Weird, I interviewed in the last couple days and the recruiting folks told me one week. This was at the very beginning of the interview too, so it's not like they knew my outcome yet.


I was in early this week and the recruiting person told me two weeks, but I agree with the anon above that it's likely a cover. The Covington-bound people at my school said last year took about a week, and the class size apparently will be comparable in 2018. In years past this forum has claimed the hiring committee meets on Fridays, with some offers going out later that day or perhaps more likely the Monday or Tuesday of next week. If I haven't heard by the end of Tuesday, I'll consider that ominous.

Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do we have any more data points for Covington DC? The recruiting people said two weeks, but I have the feeling that was the timeline for a rejection...


Weird, I interviewed in the last couple days and the recruiting folks told me one week. This was at the very beginning of the interview too, so it's not like they knew my outcome yet.


I was in early this week and the recruiting person told me two weeks, but I agree with the anon above that it's likely a cover. The Covington-bound people at my school said last year took about a week, and the class size apparently will be comparable in 2018. In years past this forum has claimed the hiring committee meets on Fridays, with some offers going out later that day or perhaps more likely the Monday or Tuesday of next week. If I haven't heard by the end of Tuesday, I'll consider that ominous.

Good luck to everyone!


That's good information to know.

And yeah, it sounds like recruiting is just giving a generic line. I highly doubt they're being given live updates during the interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Anyone hear from Paul Hastings?

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Has anyone heard from ropes & gray? cb was last week and I'm beginning to lose hope

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Anyone hear from Akin Gump?

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Paul Hastings?


PH has some offers out

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:44 pm

White & Case callback 8/18, offer today
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from ropes & gray? cb was last week and I'm beginning to lose hope


They've given out a number of offers the last two weeks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Has anyone heard from White & Case?

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from White & Case?


Cb earlier this week --> offer next day

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do we have any more data points for Covington DC? The recruiting people said two weeks, but I have the feeling that was the timeline for a rejection...


Weird, I interviewed in the last couple days and the recruiting folks told me one week. This was at the very beginning of the interview too, so it's not like they knew my outcome yet.


I was in early this week and the recruiting person told me two weeks, but I agree with the anon above that it's likely a cover. The Covington-bound people at my school said last year took about a week, and the class size apparently will be comparable in 2018. In years past this forum has claimed the hiring committee meets on Fridays, with some offers going out later that day or perhaps more likely the Monday or Tuesday of next week. If I haven't heard by the end of Tuesday, I'll consider that ominous.

Good luck to everyone!


I agree that the two weeks is just base covering in case of delayed evaluation submissions or something. I interviewed late last week, got dinged Wednesday. Friends who interviewed around the same time also got their offers/dings early this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Thank you for the info and sorry for the disappointing news. Hope you have other offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:54 am

Anyone who has heard from Sidley DC, how long did it take from CB to offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who has heard from Sidley DC, how long did it take from CB to offer?


I interviewed and heard back two days later in the morning. However, three of my friends who were offered were offered the same day (though they all interviewed in the morning).

Also, anyone know the word on Boies?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Akin anyone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who has heard from Sidley DC, how long did it take from CB to offer?


I interviewed and heard back two days later in the morning. However, three of my friends who were offered were offered the same day (though they all interviewed in the morning).

Also, anyone know the word on Boies?


Also heard same day on Sidley. No word either way on Boies. It's been about two weeks, but they told me it would be a while.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Akin anyone?

CB 8/10, Ding 8/17 or so.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do we have any more data points for Covington DC? The recruiting people said two weeks, but I have the feeling that was the timeline for a rejection...


Weird, I interviewed in the last couple days and the recruiting folks told me one week. This was at the very beginning of the interview too, so it's not like they knew my outcome yet.


I was in early this week and the recruiting person told me two weeks, but I agree with the anon above that it's likely a cover. The Covington-bound people at my school said last year took about a week, and the class size apparently will be comparable in 2018. In years past this forum has claimed the hiring committee meets on Fridays, with some offers going out later that day or perhaps more likely the Monday or Tuesday of next week. If I haven't heard by the end of Tuesday, I'll consider that ominous.

Good luck to everyone!


I agree that the two weeks is just base covering in case of delayed evaluation submissions or something. I interviewed late last week, got dinged Wednesday. Friends who interviewed around the same time also got their offers/dings early this week.


I was also told 2 weeks by the recruiter following my interview. Offer 3-4 days later.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who has heard from Sidley DC, how long did it take from CB to offer?


I interviewed and heard back two days later in the morning. However, three of my friends who were offered were offered the same day (though they all interviewed in the morning).

Also, anyone know the word on Boies?


Also heard same day on Sidley. No word either way on Boies. It's been about two weeks, but they told me it would be a while.


Next day (Sidley).

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do we have any more data points for Covington DC? The recruiting people said two weeks, but I have the feeling that was the timeline for a rejection...


Weird, I interviewed in the last couple days and the recruiting folks told me one week. This was at the very beginning of the interview too, so it's not like they knew my outcome yet.


I was in early this week and the recruiting person told me two weeks, but I agree with the anon above that it's likely a cover. The Covington-bound people at my school said last year took about a week, and the class size apparently will be comparable in 2018. In years past this forum has claimed the hiring committee meets on Fridays, with some offers going out later that day or perhaps more likely the Monday or Tuesday of next week. If I haven't heard by the end of Tuesday, I'll consider that ominous.

Good luck to everyone!


I agree that the two weeks is just base covering in case of delayed evaluation submissions or something. I interviewed late last week, got dinged Wednesday. Friends who interviewed around the same time also got their offers/dings early this week.


I was also told 2 weeks by the recruiter following my interview. Offer 3-4 days later.


Did your offer conform to the purported Friday timing, or no? (Congrats, btw.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:26 am

Just received an email ding from Covington, so at least some of those are going out today. Interviewed on Tuesday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 313986
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB--> Offer 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just received an email ding from Covington, so at least some of those are going out today. Interviewed on Tuesday.


Saturdays may be for the boys, but Sundays are for the dings.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.