Is this a bad look?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Is this a bad look?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 am

From my OCI, i got a callback. Phone call indicated I would receive an email, and I told the guy who interviewed me I was going to be in NY this week and was looking forward to my callback. I get no email to schedule my callback. This week I email the recruiting office, and got no response. I then called to schedule finally schedule it, about a week after my I got my callback. Is the long time between the phone call and me scheduling it a bad look? Career offices made it seem like we had to schedule our callback the day we get the phone call, so i am a bit worried that I look unprofessional.

QContinuum

Re: Is this a bad look?

Postby QContinuum » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:45 am

Doubt recruiting cares - have had at least one CB scheduling fumble and it didn't seem like anyone held it against me. This kind of thing hurts you more because offers are usually handed out on a rolling basis and any delay in scheduling a CB means you'll be going in later and trying to snag one of an ever diminishing number of offers they can extend. But nothing you can do now so just kill that CB and I'm sure you'll be fine!

Anonymous User

Re: Is this a bad look?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:45 am

Kind of, but the recruiting people aren't the ones making the decision whether or not to hire you. Unlikely the partners will even hear about this, and even less likely that it will be the deciding factor in whether or not you are extended an offer. Just go in and kill the callback and you'll be fine.

Return to “Legal Employment�