Asking for Interview Feedback?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Asking for Interview Feedback?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi all!

I know I some industries it is considered appropriate to ask for interview feedback when you are rejected from a position.

I'm far underperforming both my and career services expectations for CBs and offers given my grades/ties/interview skills/obvious interest in big law. Is it appropriate to ask a couple of interviewers whom I thought I clicked with especially well (but was subsequently dinged by) for interview advice? I'm getting desperate to diagnose the problem as my remaining CBs dwindle.

I've already talked to career services, 3Ls, and past employers and nobody has any solid suggestions as to what might be going on.

Anonymous User

Re: Asking for Interview Feedback?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Anecdotally, from my and my classmates' experiences, this cycle has been tougher than recent years' hiring data (taking GPA into account) would suggest. It's possible we all happen to be crap interviewees, but seems unlikely (we've all done mock interviews with alums in biglaw and were told we interview well).
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:36 pm

I don't have an answer to this but I'm right there with you, OP.

kalvano

Diamond

Postby kalvano » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:14 am

Don't do this, it would be weird.

Return to “Legal Employment�