Should I expect more callbacks?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I expect more callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Top 15%-10% and LR at a UT/Vandy/UCLA. Less than a handful of callbacks, but all V-10's so I don't think I interviewed so horribly. I'm happy with my callbacks, but I'm worried that, given my grades, the number might indicate I interview badly or am unlikable, though I did some mock interviews that the interviewer described as going well. Any insight would be appreciated :)

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Should I expect more callbacks?

Postby sparkytrainer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:43 pm

You should keep hustling. I know kids at better schools with similar grades who went 0-12 on callbacks. A handful is not enough to feel comfortable with until you have an offer in hand.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:46 pm

you'll be fine

Stalemated

New

Postby Stalemated » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:34 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:You should keep hustling. I know kids at better schools with similar grades who went 0-12 on callbacks. A handful is not enough to feel comfortable with until you have an offer in hand.

I agree with sparky. Keep hitting the pavement until you have an offer in hand.

Vincent Adultman

Silver

Postby Vincent Adultman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:you'll be fine

This is the wrong way to think about it. I'm not saying you won't be, OP. But don't assume anything and keep applying and networking until you have a concrete offer in hand.

I also have no idea why this comment is anon.

Return to “Legal Employment�