Duane Morris CB Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Duane Morris CB

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm

My only CB is with Duane Morris (Philly) later this week. Any insights is appreciated. I don't want to screw up this one.

Anonymous User

Re: Duane Morris CB

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:38 pm

I had a CB there. 3 interviewers for about 30 min each. All very nice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My only CB is with Duane Morris (Philly) later this week. Any insights is appreciated. I don't want to screw up this one.
I'm waiting for a callback there...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:34 pm

I know it's not easy advice to follow, but really just be yourself - everyone I spoke to was very personable and fun, and I think they will respond well if you mirror that in response rather than being rigid from nerves. Also have a good answer for 'why DM' - it came up in every interview

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:41 pm

So no lunch/coffee interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:26 pm

How many days after CB does it take DM to hand out offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 am

Took two business days from CB to offer. Above median at non Penn T14

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Does anyone know when the hiring committee meets? Every Thursday?

pebblsrock

New

Post by pebblsrock » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:22 pm

DM associate here. Idk the exact logistics, but I would stress that following common polity like sending follow-up thank you emails, expressing lots of interest in your interviewers, etc., being gracious to everyone you meet, goes the longest way here. Have a personality and be someone with whom they want to have non-work discussions. I am in a different office but know Philly well. The associates are truly nice, funny (very sarcastic), all while being very sharp. I would say "Why DM?" Because they are sharp lawyers who retain personalities and creative interests (I know several are former musicians, for example). It is not what I would call a laid-back office but the attorneys are the right balance for being the flagship of the firm. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Anyone doing CB this week heard anything yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:03 am

Does anyone know if they do snail mail dings post CB or email - had CB a couple weeks ago and have not heard anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:07 am

Did a screener interview for their Baltimore office, received an email saying they've decided not to have a Baltimore summer program. That's either an epic rejection or just subject of being in a smaller office. I refuse to accept both generally.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if they do snail mail dings post CB or email - had CB a couple weeks ago and have not heard anything.
They make offers on weekly basis, so you're prob dinged or WLed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did a screener interview for their Baltimore office, received an email saying they've decided not to have a Baltimore summer program. That's either an epic rejection or just subject of being in a smaller office. I refuse to accept both generally.
Got the same email after doing a screener with them at OCI. Extremely frustrating given that they effectively wasted one of the limited number of interview slots we were allowed to accept.

strawberrieee

Bronze

Post by strawberrieee » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did a screener interview for their Baltimore office, received an email saying they've decided not to have a Baltimore summer program. That's either an epic rejection or just subject of being in a smaller office. I refuse to accept both generally.
Got the same email after doing a screener with them at OCI. Extremely frustrating given that they effectively wasted one of the limited number of interview slots we were allowed to accept.
It's definitely frustrating. But think about it this way: If they have no hiring need, you want them to tell you now, rather than waiting until after your 2L summer and no-offering you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 pm

You're not wrong, but I find it hard to believe that they couldn't have run the numbers a few weeks ago to determine their hiring needs before committing to OCI. And to add insult to injury, it was our career services office that broke the news to us.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”