Latham NY

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Latham NY

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:52 am

Hello,

I received an offer from Latham NY (the only V10 I got so far) and I would like to know the reputation latham has in NYC for corporate practices, specifically banking. I am leaning towards accepting the offer but I have some reservations based on the layoffs Latham did during the recession and I am not sure if Latham is the best choice for job security in general. However, I am strongly considering Latham for the exit opportunities they might provide with banks if I want to leave after a couple of years.

Anonymous User

Re: Latham NY

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 am

May I ask when you did the CB and got the offer? Interviewed with them yesterday and would like to know more about the timeline. Thanks!

Right2BearArms

Bronze

Postby Right2BearArms » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hello,

I received an offer from Latham NY (the only V10 I got so far) and I would like to know the reputation latham has in NYC for corporate practices, specifically banking. I am leaning towards accepting the offer but I have some reservations based on the layoffs Latham did during the recession and I am not sure if Latham is the best choice for job security in general. However, I am strongly considering Latham for the exit opportunities they might provide with banks if I want to leave after a couple of years.

Latham NYC is as good as many other NYC offices. Latham is far less leveraged than it was prior to the last recession, and makes money hand over fist the last couple of years. While its not the absolute top echelon in NYC, Latham does a massive variety or work and has connections with every bank there is. If you are looking for solid opportunities a few years down the road, I do not think you would be making a bad choice going there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 pm

What is the typical turn around time for Latham? CB next week in NYC

Return to “Legal Employment�