Cancel cb?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cancel cb?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi all! I just got an offer from one of my top choices, and I am wondering if I can cancel the callbacks scheduled Tomorrow and Wednesday?

I know that I will not go to either firm if they kindly extend an offer. On the other hand, both callbacks are in other locations so the firms already helped me with hotels/flights. Some of these require one day in prior to cancel. Can I cancel both cb? Or am I supposed to at least do the cb tomorrow?

Thanks! Any advice will be appreciated!

RaceJudicata

Gold

Re: Cancel cb?

Postby RaceJudicata » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Definitely cancel. Thank them and apologize for inconvenience or whatever, but for sure should cancel.

IExistedOnceBefore

Bronze

Postby IExistedOnceBefore » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Cancel. The lawyers time who would interview you is worth more than the cost of the flights. Also it's sort of expected there will be cancellations as the month progresses. You won't be the only one. Also congratulations!

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Postby SmokeytheBear » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Cancel. Congrats.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm

OP here. Thank everyone for the advice!

One more question:

Just as everyone suggested, I emailed the recruiting team to cancel the callbacks. One firm congratulated me and asked which firm I would be joining next summer, for their records. Is this common? Do I just tell them?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. Thank everyone for the advice!

One more question:

Just as everyone suggested, I emailed the recruiting team to cancel the callbacks. One firm congratulated me and asked which firm I would be joining next summer, for their records. Is this common? Do I just tell them?

Yeah. It's literally just for recruiting records, like when you had to tell other law schools which you were attending when you turned them down. They don't care where you go.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here. Thank everyone for the advice!

One more question:

Yeah. It's literally just for recruiting records, like when you had to tell other law schools which you were attending when you turned them down. They don't care where you go.

Thanks!!!

Return to “Legal Employment�