Callbacks that are extended later

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lolRCscrewyou

Bronze

Callbacks that are extended later

Postby lolRCscrewyou » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:29 am

Sorry if this has been answered before, but what would be the most amount of time between OCI interviews and the firm giving a callback? I have been extended a summer offer from one callback, but it is not in my ideal market. How long should I wait for firms I screened with at OCI to give me a response before I call it quits and accept the other offer?

Anonymous User

Re: Callbacks that are extended later

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:39 am

lolRCscrewyou wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before, but what would be the most amount of time between OCI interviews and the firm giving a callback? I have been extended a summer offer from one callback, but it is not in my ideal market. How long should I wait for firms I screened with at OCI to give me a response before I call it quits and accept the other offer?

at harvard they tell us 1-5 days on average, but could take up to 10 days. as usual, it depends

darlenealderson

Bronze

Re: Callbacks that are extended later

Postby darlenealderson » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:22 am

lolRCscrewyou wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before, but what would be the most amount of time between OCI interviews and the firm giving a callback? I have been extended a summer offer from one callback, but it is not in my ideal market. How long should I wait for firms I screened with at OCI to give me a response before I call it quits and accept the other offer?

One thing I've been told a few times now is not to give up hope until you get the ding, because they may be waiting to see how many people take them up on the cb or on the offer they get from the cb. I'd say that after maybe a week passes from OCI or more, you could e-mail recruiting to check status/express interest, but that is just off the top of my head so wait for other posters to agree with me before doing that.

Return to “Legal Employment�