Asking About Hiring Timeline

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Asking About Hiring Timeline

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:35 am

I had a CB with a firm I'm very interested in, but forgot to ask anyone I interviewed with about when they expect to make decisions. Is there any downside to emailing recruiting and asking them this?

Anonymous User

Re: Asking About Hiring Timeline

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 am

I heard back with offers after CB's between the same evening to 2 days later -- so you should likely hear soon if it's good news. That said, there are plenty of people who only hear back weeks later so I don't think there is a fixed timeline that they will be able to confirm either.

BlueParrot

Re: Asking About Hiring Timeline

Postby BlueParrot » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:32 pm

If this was a typical CB at a large firm, it's good that you didn't ask them about timeline. Firms will make decisions pretty quickly if they are interested, there's really no reason to ask them the timeline.

Return to “Legal Employment”