Do people do two cbs at two firms on the same day?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Do people do two cbs at two firms on the same day?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:14 pm

I just got a cb invitation over the phone from my dream firm, but the next two weeks will be almost 80% packed with cbs with other firms (I only scheduled one cb each day). I saw people here saying having cbs in the week starting August 21 would be considered too late. I was wondering, is it recommended to have two cbs on the same day, especially if one of them is for my dream firm? If not, I am afraid I can only do a cb with them on August 25 or even later. I cannot cancel any cbs now because i haven't received any offers yet.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Do people do two cbs at two firms on the same day?

Postby sparkytrainer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:17 pm

lots of people do double callbacks. Its a normal thing to do.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:34 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:lots of people do double callbacks. Its a normal thing to do.

I did one last week, was tired but went well. I think if you want a job that requires the hours like biglaw this shouldn't be too much of a stretch. Just do prep for both before.

I have note cards, then try to have at least an hour in between to review for second firm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks for your helpful advice.

WaitersIsland

Bronze

Postby WaitersIsland » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Could have gone without the first 75% of your post. Was the purpose of this thread to ask for advice, or to brag that you received 8+ callbacks? Seems more like the latter.

this comment is fine but don't use anon to make it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Could have gone without the first 75% of your post. Was the purpose of this thread to ask for advice, or to brag that you received 8+ callbacks? Seems more like the latter.

I guess I was still in a very talkative mode right after forcing myself into that mode during some interviews. Indeed too much detail can be distracting. I have modified the original post.

Return to “Legal Employment�