Latham LA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Latham LA

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Received about a six emails this morning from recruiters regarding Latham LA looking for a midlevel corp associate. Anyone know the deal with that group right now?

zbv4

New

Re: Latham LA

Postby zbv4 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 pm

No inside info here, but there's a good chance Latham just recently posted an opening on their website. That usually leads to dozens of recruiters spamming the same position, at the same time, to every biglaw associate with a pulse who plausibly meets the stated qualifications. Of course all of these recruiters will try to subtly suggest it's some exclusive opening they are "working with Latham" on, etc. In other words, I wouldn't take the volume of emails you're getting to mean that there is some issue with the group, that there has been a mass exodus, etc.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Postby SmokeytheBear » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:56 pm

zbv4 wrote:No inside info here, but there's a good chance Latham just recently posted an opening on their website. That usually leads to dozens of recruiters spamming the same position, at the same time, to every biglaw associate with a pulse who plausibly meets the stated qualifications. Of course all of these recruiters will try to subtly suggest it's some exclusive opening they are "working with Latham" on, etc. In other words, I wouldn't take the volume of emails you're getting to mean that there is some issue with the group, that there has been a mass exodus, etc.

I've heard it's a decent group.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:58 pm

zbv4 wrote:No inside info here, but there's a good chance Latham just recently posted an opening on their website. That usually leads to dozens of recruiters spamming the same position, at the same time, to every biglaw associate with a pulse who plausibly meets the stated qualifications. Of course all of these recruiters will try to subtly suggest it's some exclusive opening they are "working with Latham" on, etc. In other words, I wouldn't take the volume of emails you're getting to mean that there is some issue with the group, that there has been a mass exodus, etc.

Yeah I understand how recruiters work . . . I'm trying to see if anyone has inside information on the group and why it might be hiring if for any reason other than natural attrition.

Return to “Legal Employment�