Callback questions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback questions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:19 pm

T14 under median here. I got 11 callbacks, all New York, which I don't even know how it happened. Of those, a number of firms are definitely out of my reach considering my grades. I didn't schedule all yet, but do firms look at transcripts for callbacks? Should I just schedule callbacks for all of them and cancel the ones once I get one offer? My first callback is next week and it's with my dream firm that's definitely a reach. Not sure how realistic it is for me to receive a callback with subpar grades. Thanks

EIWIsMyFetish

New

Re: Callback questions

Postby EIWIsMyFetish » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:26 pm

Last edited by EIWIsMyFetish on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

okaygo

Silver

Re: Callback questions

Postby okaygo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:30 pm

They wouldn't have given you a CB if your grades were below a hard floor that they have. They'll likely look at your transcript again, but at this point your grades are what they are. Walk into the room like you have a 4.0 and let the offers fall where the may.

As far as the offers go, only reject them once you have an offer you know you'd take over the other firm.

Return to “Legal Employment�