Limited Callback Schedule

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Limited Callback Schedule

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:42 pm

A firm gave me two days to pick from to schedule my callback. Although I happened to be in town on one of those days, it was already filled with two callbacks that I'd previously scheduled with other firms. The other day I'll be traveling for 12+ hours.

I asked if we could schedule it some other time over the next couple weeks and they told me they're trying to have all offers out by next week. Basically, I'm out of luck because I'd already scheduled callbacks and travel over those two days.

Is this common? Obviously the firm can control their own schedule, but I'm frustrated to know I got a callback and now won't be able to go on it unless I cancel a different one.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Re: Limited Callback Schedule

Postby SmokeytheBear » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Wouldn't say it's common, but it certainly happens. This is one of the many things that makes OCI stressful.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is this common? Obviously the firm can control their own schedule, but I'm frustrated to know I got a callback and now won't be able to go on it unless I cancel a different one.

It's not common, but not really uncommon either. If a student gets enough callbacks, he or she might end up with an unresolvable scheduling conflict or two.

Actually, I commend the firm for being up front with you about their hiring schedule. Some firms will still schedule callbacks even though they know that they are (or will be) done making offers—which wastes everyone's time.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:53 pm

rpupkin wrote:Actually, I commend the firm for being up front with you about their hiring schedule. Some firms will still schedule callbacks even though they know that they are (or will be) done making offers—which wastes everyone's time.

OP. True. I guess I just have to pick.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Try and reschedule your flights. Would it be possible to leave super early the next day/super late/etc.

Return to “Legal Employment?