District Attorney's Offices 2018

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney's Offices 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Looks like Gonzalez is going to get re-elected pretty easily. Good news for us.

Not surprising, as the other candidates were mostly a clown-show.

just curious, but why is gonzalez getting reelected good news for us?

New DA might nix the incoming class. It's happened before. Gonzalez staying in means stability.

Also, as I said, most of the other candidates are f***ing awful.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Heard from a source in the know (one of the top ADAs in an NYC borough) that hiring classes for this year are going to be larger than usual (130 for Bronx, 100 for Kings, 70 for Manhattan, though fewer (~20) for Queens).

Take that for what it's worth. Curious if anyone else has heard something similar. I know Bronx was expected to have another big class.

Not sure if the office recently changed course, but BXDA from what I was told was hiring only a class of 50 for next year. I interned there over the summer.

encore1101

Postby encore1101 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Looks like Gonzalez is going to get re-elected pretty easily. Good news for us.

Not surprising, as the other candidates were mostly a clown-show.

just curious, but why is gonzalez getting reelected good news for us?

New DA might nix the incoming class. It's happened before. Gonzalez staying in means stability.

Also, as I said, most of the other candidates are f***ing awful.

To clarify, its immediately more good news for the incoming C/O 2017. It's good news for C/O 2018 in that its likely their hiring practice will remain the same as previous years. When Charles Hynes (incumbent) was defeated by Kenneth Thompson in 2013, a lot of the new hires that were scheduled to start working had their offers rescinded.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:33 pm

How many rounds does Brooklyn have? I looked on their site, but I don't see anything.

I presume 1) OCI/Screener, 2) Panel. But then what? Another panel then the DA or does it go straight to the DA after that?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How many rounds does Brooklyn have? I looked on their site, but I don't see anything.

I presume 1) OCI/Screener, 2) Panel. But then what? Another panel then the DA or does it go straight to the DA after that?

4 rounds, screener, panel, second panel with attorneys a little higher up, final interview w/ da

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:48 am

Is there a typical timeline for hearing back after OCI screeners? I had 3 last week, and a 4th coming up this week (the 4 being the 4 big NYC offices).

Also, how much flexibility do you get for scheduling 2nd round interviews?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:03 am

I've had three interviews with Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan scheduled.

Second round with Bronx and Brooklyn scheduled. I heard back from Brooklyn about 2-3 weeks and Bronx like 3-4 weeks.

Waiting for first round with Manhattan.

No flexibility for me at least. They basically offered me the next available date. Nothing sooner.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:25 am

Is it proper to send an email or call Bronx, and Brooklyn to ask about application? Have not heard anything and I applied almost a month ago. It is confusing because I have an interview with DANY.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is it proper to send an email or call Bronx, and Brooklyn to ask about application? Have not heard anything and I applied almost a month ago. It is confusing because I have an interview with DANY.

i would say not too at this point, a month is still pretty short turnaround...i guess it doesn't hurt to send a quick email to hr, but it won't help you at all this early i don't think.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:58 am

Anyone have any advice for second round with Bronx and Brookyln?

Return to “Legal Employment”