District Attorney's Offices 2018 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney's Offices 2018

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Re: Philly, there's a DA election this week, and while I don't have any inside info, my strong suspicion is they're gonna wait to see who wins before moving forward with hiring. One candidate is significantly more likely to shake up the office pretty heavily
Yeah, I remember the election but they told me that they would be sending "decision letters" by the end of the month. As a result, I thought that they were going to do what they wanted regardless of the election.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Have 3rd round interview with Bronx DA coming up.... can anyone offer tips, what to expect, etc. Hypos? Length? Offer?
anything you can share would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have 3rd round interview with Bronx DA coming up.... can anyone offer tips, what to expect, etc. Hypos? Length? Offer?
Sure, had mine last week. Maybe 10-15 minutes total. There were two other ADAs at the table with DA Clark, though the DA asked almost all the questions. A lot of resume questions. They basically went through each legally-related thing I had done. No real surprises. They did ask me to what offices I had applied to, and what my preference was. They also asked about bureau assignments. Maybe it was just me, but Clark was very neutral, almost gruff at times. That's probably just to test you, since that's been my experience with all my interviews past the screener stage.

No offer in the room. Haven't heard back yet. I'm not aware of anyone other than summer interns getting offers yet, but my information is limited.

Please let us know if anything is different about yours (particularly if you get an offer in the room).
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have 3rd round interview with Bronx DA coming up.... can anyone offer tips, what to expect, etc. Hypos? Length? Offer?
Sure, had mine last week. Maybe 10-15 minutes total. There were two other ADAs at the table with DA Clark, though the DA asked almost all the questions. A lot of resume questions. They basically went through each legally-related thing I had done. No real surprises. They did ask me to what offices I had applied to, and what my preference was. They also asked about bureau assignments. Maybe it was just me, but Clark was very neutral, almost gruff at times. That's probably just to test you, since that's been my experience with all my interviews past the screener stage.

No offer in the room. Haven't heard back yet. I'm not aware of anyone other than summer interns getting offers yet, but my information is limited.

Thanks, appreciate the insight

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:34 am

Who would shake up office (Philly)? Also, is it just a 2 person screener and 8 person panel interview (for out of town people)?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Who would shake up office (Philly)? Also, is it just a 2 person screener and 8 person panel interview (for out of town people)?
The hiring process consists of several steps:
1.Resume review by the Hiring Committee Chair
2.If selected-Prescreen interview with one of the members of the Hiring Committee
3.If selected-Full panel Interview with at least 6 members of the Hiring Committee
4.If selected-Full panel interview with Office leadership

That's what it says on the Philly DA website, so it looks like there are 2 panel interviews. I interned there a few years ago, and from what I remember hearing, there was only 1 full panel interview (I never applied for the full time job so I don't know first hand). It looks like this 2nd full panel interview with the Office leadership is a new step to the hiring process.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:59 pm

reposted from above.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Who would shake up office (Philly)? Also, is it just a 2 person screener and 8 person panel interview (for out of town people)?
The hiring process consists of several steps:
1.Resume review by the Hiring Committee Chair
2.If selected-Prescreen interview with one of the members of the Hiring Committee
3.If selected-Full panel Interview with at least 6 members of the Hiring Committee
4.If selected-Full panel interview with Office leadership

That's what it says on the Philly DA website, so it looks like there are 2 panel interviews. I interned there a few years ago, and from what I remember hearing, there was only 1 full panel interview (I never applied for the full time job so I don't know first hand). It looks like this 2nd full panel interview with the Office leadership is a new step to the hiring process.
So the office has made their selections. They called people who received their offers and letters were sent out as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Did anyone interview with the Cook County State Attorney's office?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Anyone know Bronx timeline? Had 1st interview in Sept, Had panel last week, received email for 3rd round w/DA Clark on Monday. If anyone received offers from Bronx, when did it come? day of 3rd round? next day? etc? Has anyone been dinged after 3rd round? If so, when did it come?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know Bronx timeline? Had 1st interview in Sept, Had panel last week, received email for 3rd round w/DA Clark on Monday. If anyone received offers from Bronx, when did it come? day of 3rd round? next day? etc? Has anyone been dinged after 3rd round? If so, when did it come?
Had final round last week. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm not aware that any offers (other than those to summer interns) have gone out yet, but I'm working in the dark here. Last two years we didn't see regular offers until late November, but who knows.

Please keep us updated so we can gauge where they are in the process.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:52 am

Does anyone know what’s going on with DANY?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:14 pm

For anyone rejected from philly, was the rejection snail mail or email?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Re: philly rejection, I received my through the mail

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:54 pm

I had my first screener for Brooklyn over two months ago. Every time I call them, I keep getting the answer that I am still in the running. Anyone knows why Brooklyn is so slow even for a panel interview?

As for Bronx, Queens, and Nassau, any one received any offers yet??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Hey Bronx people: I have a final round with the Bronx DA coming up. Do they offer on the spot? I read somewhere that they call the next day too. Any insight?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had my first screener for Brooklyn over two months ago. Every time I call them, I keep getting the answer that I am still in the running. Anyone knows why Brooklyn is so slow even for a panel interview?

As for Bronx, Queens, and Nassau, any one received any offers yet??
Brooklyn is always slow. I know offers have gone out at Bronx, Queens, and Nassau. One disclaimer though, that many offices push their most recent summer class through interviews very quickly. So it can be tougher to get insight into the non-summer class hiring schedule.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:27 am

Do summer interns at Manhattan DA automatically get offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:05 am

Should I be worried if i had my second at DANY early oct and haven’t heard anything since?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:57 am

I haven't even had a 2nd with Manhattan. 1st round was ~8 weeks ago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Can anyone shed light on what the people who work at the Manhattan Da are like? What is the incoming class like?

Are they super pretentious and arrogant?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do summer interns at Manhattan DA automatically get offers?
Lolno.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Can you elaborate on why they don't get an automatic offer OR at least a strong edge over normal applicants?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can you elaborate on why they don't get an automatic offer OR at least a strong edge over normal applicants?
They certainly have an edge if they are high-performing interns, but DANY basically has their pick of the top ADA applicants. Getting an internship there isn't that hard. It makes no sense to offer an average applicant from Touro who interned there over a T14 grad with an otherwise much better resume.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can you elaborate on why they don't get an automatic offer OR at least a strong edge over normal applicants?
They certainly have an edge if they are high-performing interns, but DANY basically has their pick of the top ADA applicants. Getting an internship there isn't that hard. It makes no sense to offer an average applicant from Touro who interned there over a T14 grad with an otherwise much better resume.
Do you know anything about about what the people are like? Are they arrogant? Do you work mostly alone or with others?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”