District Attorney's Offices 2018 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney's Offices 2018

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have insight regarding whether you're required to live in the borough where you work in NY?
I don't think any office requires you to live in the actual borough. I know ADAs who commute from Westchester and Long Island into the city.

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have insight regarding whether you're required to live in the borough where you work in NY?
I know there's a general administrative rule that says NYC employees have to live in NYC, but AFAIK, it doesn't apply to ADAs and police officers.

Def not a city requirement but individual offices may have a policy. I work in NYC but live in Suffolk. I have a friend who works in Bx but lived in Queens, then Nassau county.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone heard from philly
Had my panel interview Oct 10 and haven't heard anything.
Did they give you a timeline on when they would send out decisions?
No, and I forgot to ask unfortunately
If it makes you feel better, I interviewed in early October and forgot to ask as well.
At this point would it be safe to say that anyone who had a first round screener but did not get called for a panel as of yet is out of the running?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
If it makes you feel better, I interviewed in early October and forgot to ask as well.
At this point would it be safe to say that anyone who had a first round screener but did not get called for a panel as of yet is out of the running?
I don't know for sure, but probably. A screener told me that they wanted to be done with interviewing by 10/20. And a friend of mine got dinged after her first round interview, but they told her within 2 weeks after her interview. It's weird you haven't been told yet. How long ago was your interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I don't know for sure, but probably. A screener told me that they wanted to be done with interviewing by 10/20. And a friend of mine got dinged after her first round interview, but they told her within 2 weeks after her interview. It's weird you haven't been told yet. How long ago was your interview?
Oh they ding people after a screener?? I thought they'd just ghost. My screener was in the last week of September

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:16 pm

Anyone had the third executive round with the Queens DA? How did you prepare for it??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:43 pm

3rd round with Bronx today. Fairly casual, lots of screener-like questions. Not sure how well it went, and didn't get an offer in the room.

From the sign-in sheet, looked like 20+ interviews today. Anyone know if offers were given out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:3rd round with Bronx today. Fairly casual, lots of screener-like questions. Not sure how well it went, and didn't get an offer in the room.

From the sign-in sheet, looked like 20+ interviews today. Anyone know if offers were given out?

Any hypos? Any tough questions from the DA or top staff?

To clarify, was the sign-in sheet just for third round DA meetings or do you think it could have been screeners and 2nd round included?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3rd round with Bronx today. Fairly casual, lots of screener-like questions. Not sure how well it went, and didn't get an offer in the room.

To clarify, was the sign-in sheet just for third round DA meetings or do you think it could have been screeners and 2nd round included?
No hypos, they did ask about where I had applied and my office preferences (which I think I bombed by being too honest), but that's pretty standard I think.

Could have been a mix, but there were two other people there for a 3rd when I came in, and another came out right before mine, so I would guess there were a fair number of final rounds.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

No hypos, they did ask about where I had applied and my office preferences (which I think I bombed by being too honest), but that's pretty standard I think.

Could have been a mix, but there were two other people there for a 3rd when I came in, and another came out right before mine, so I would guess there were a fair number of final rounds.
Very helpful, thanks! Let us know if you hear anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:

I had my third round in philly last week, anyone know when we would hear back for a 4th and final round? Has anyone heard back from them regarding that or an offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:53 am

Has anyone heard anything from Cook County regarding a second round?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I had my third round in philly last week, anyone know when we would hear back for a 4th and final round? Has anyone heard back from them regarding that or an offer?
By third round, do you mean a panel interview?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

The second round was a panel interview of 6 and the third round was a panel of 8 as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

The second round was a panel interview of 6 and the third round was a panel of 8 as well.
Oh interesting - I had my screener phone interview, my second round panel interview of 6, and waiting to hear back now. But maybe because I'm out of state?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Oh interesting - I had my screener phone interview, my second round panel interview of 6, and waiting to hear back now. But maybe because I'm out of state?
I'm in the same boat. Does anyone know if any out of staters are getting third round interviews at all?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Does anyone know if any out of staters are getting third round interviews at all?
Ah, you make me feel better! I'm going to email them by the end of the week for an update.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:41 am

Does Philly send out job offers through snail mail or only rejections?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 pm

For the Bronx final round with the DA, how soon are offers made and are you given time?

I heard before she would call you the day after, but heard that might be different this year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For the Bronx final round with the DA, how soon are offers made and are you given time?

I heard before she would call you the day after, but heard that might be different this year.
Depends. FWIW, this year, I know personally some were offered on the spot at the end of the final round. Some were also offered the day after. In both instances, the candidate thought the interview went well with no hiccups.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For the Bronx final round with the DA, how soon are offers made and are you given time?

Depends. FWIW, this year, I know personally some were offered on the spot at the end of the final round. Some were also offered the day after. In both instances, the candidate thought the interview went well with no hiccups.
So BX has already made offers this year? When were their 3rd rounds?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

So BX has already made offers this year? When were their 3rd rounds?
Late September / early October. These were interns from their summer class.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:41 am

Gotcha. Anyone know if offers to non-interns have been made? I know there was a wave of 3rd rounds earlier this week. Just wondering if that process may be a little different, or if they might be waiting to make offers. From the last two years it seems like the first regular BX offers started around Thanksgiving.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:18 am

You only have to live in ny state.

As for Staten Island I've heard mixed things, including having to live on staten island.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Philly, there's a DA election this week, and while I don't have any inside info, my strong suspicion is they're gonna wait to see who wins before moving forward with hiring. One candidate is significantly more likely to shake up the office pretty heavily

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”