District Attorney's Offices 2018

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney's Offices 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Has anyone heard anything from Philly? I emailed them after the election to get clarification on what was going to happen going forward but haven't heard a single thing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:15 pm

I was dinged from them about a month ago via snail mail.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Longshot, but does anyone know the interview process for the D.C. Office of the Attorney General criminal section? I had a panel recently and was curious how they send out offers or rejections (if at all).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 pm

Does DANY ding via email or snail mail?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from Philly? I emailed them after the election to get clarification on what was going to happen going forward but haven't heard a single thing.

Philly just put up a new job posting on my school's Symplicity indicating that they're going to start doing another hiring round soon, including current 3Ls and junior attorneys. I would imagine they're gonna start after Krasner is installed and he fires all of the supervisors.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does DANY ding via email or snail mail?

Email with an attached pdf. The email itself doesn't say you were rejected. You have to open the letter. Kinda obnoxious.

I got the email when I was on the subway, and I spent the next 10 minutes trying to open the pdf to see what it said...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from Philly? I emailed them after the election to get clarification on what was going to happen going forward but haven't heard a single thing.

Philly just put up a new job posting on my school's Symplicity indicating that they're going to start doing another hiring round soon, including current 3Ls and junior attorneys. I would imagine they're gonna start after Krasner is installed and he fires all of the supervisors.

They have resume collections posted on his transition website (not sure how normal this is for DA's tbh): http://jobs.krasnertransition.com/
Can't hurt for people to apply there even if you already applied/interviewed the more 'traditional' way. I have a strong suspicion the hiring done won't be very normal anyway.

Return to “Legal Employment”