District Attorney's Offices 2018 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
staythirsty30

New

Re: District Attorney's Offices 2018

Post by staythirsty30 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Anyone hear from Cook County?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Please for the love of god do not come to BXDA. If you have accepted an offer, keep your other options open and pursue those.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Please for the love of god do not come to BXDA. If you have accepted an offer, keep your other options open and pursue those.
Could you perhaps elaborate? I mean there are hundreds of people employed there and you're posting anonymously, I'm sure you can share some details.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:Please for the love of god do not come to BXDA. If you have accepted an offer, keep your other options open and pursue those.
Please explain.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Could you perhaps elaborate? I mean there are hundreds of people employed there and you're posting anonymously, I'm sure you can share some details.
Speaking of BXDA, has there been any movement since offers were made? Wanted to gauge when the HR process would begin and make sure I’m not the only one who hasn’t received paperwork yet. :oops:

Also, please do elaborate. Saying “do not come” without any further info is not very helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Why not BXDA?

ZipsFan23

New

Post by ZipsFan23 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Speaking of BXDA, has there been any movement since offers were made? Wanted to gauge when the HR process would begin and make sure I’m not the only one who hasn’t received paperwork yet. :oops:

Also, please do elaborate. Saying “do not come” without any further info is not very helpful.

I called few weeks back and HR said things would get sent out etc. may/June. Not extremely helpful, but it’s something.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:15 am

Anyone hear about 3rd rounds from Suffolk, MA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Please explain.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 15, 2018 3:16 am

Anyone hear from Cook County State's Attorney's Office yet??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 15, 2018 7:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear about 3rd rounds from Suffolk, MA?
A few top candidates (typically not right out of LS) have been hired. Everybody is anticipating a big class. There should be at least one more round of offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 15, 2018 8:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
A few top candidates (typically not right out of LS) have been hired. Everybody is anticipating a big class. There should be at least one more round of offers.
Hi, a few questions:

1) Do you know when those offers went out,
2)When you mean offers, do you mean an invitation for a third round? Is that equivalent to an offer?
3)Are these candidates that have been working for a few years/ had clerkships? Is that what you mean by not right out LS?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, a few questions:

2)When you mean offers, do you mean an invitation for a third round? Is that equivalent to an offer?
3)Are these candidates that have been working for a few years/ had clerkships? Is that what you mean by not right out LS?

Thanks!
1) maybe 1-2 weeks ago via meeting with the da
2) no I mean da offering the job in person (presumably calls to schedule that came earlier). Yes that’s tyoically the “third round.”
3) the people I know of did something like a clerkship between LS and now, or are in a clerkship. That doesn’t mean nobody right from (in) LS got hired...just means I don’t know of anybody who did

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, a few questions:

Thanks!
2) no I mean da offering the job in person (presumably calls to schedule that came earlier). Yes that’s tyoically the “third round.”
3) the people I know of did something like a clerkship between LS and now, or are in a clerkship. That doesn’t mean nobody right from (in) LS got hired...just means I don’t know of anybody who did
Thanks for your answers! Do you know how many offers were made and how many people they expect to hire? And are the individuals with offers now starting with the September class or before?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, a few questions:

Thanks!
Thanks for your answers! Do you know how many offers were made and how many people they expect to hire? And are the individuals with offers now starting with the September class or before?
Within the past few months, about 6 midyears were hired to start immediately. After that, a number you could count on one hand were hired to start in sept, but I do not know of anybody in that group who is in LS right now (ref’d above). A large class is expected and I know of a few strong right-out-of-LS candidates who have not heard anything yet. Keep your hopes up. Youre definitely still in it if you’ve had a second round interview and no rejection letter, whether you’re in LS or not. If you’re not in school and available to start immediately, I would contact Suffolk and tell them that ASAP.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Cook County State's Attorney's Office yet??
Nope. I had a final round interview in January and I still haven't heard anything. It'd be nice to know something! Even if it's a rejection.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Anyone from the Bronx get application materials yet? I don't get if they are emailed or mailed...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from the Bronx get application materials yet? I don't get if they are emailed or mailed...
*Human Resource materials

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from the Bronx get application materials yet? I don't get if they are emailed or mailed...
*Human Resource materials
Have not gotten anything yet, when i called early in spring they said late may/early june... well its june

Anonymous9256

New

Post by Anonymous9256 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Still no word from Cook County State's Attorney's Office? Has anyone else heard the rumor that they're hiring individually now and not by class?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 am

What are background checks like for the NYC offices to become an ADA? Somewhere between intern checks and the FBI intensive checks?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What are background checks like for the NYC offices to become an ADA? Somewhere between intern checks and the FBI intensive checks?
Curious about this...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:52 am

How common is it to come in at a level that is less than your class year (e.g. Three years as an Attorney at Law would permit you to come in as a Deputy District Attorney IV)? Also, does the DA level have any bearing on the type of cases you're prosecuting when you start or does everyone kind of start with the easiest/lowest stake cases?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What are background checks like for the NYC offices to become an ADA? Somewhere between intern checks and the FBI intensive checks?
Curious about this...
IMHO the background check and application for character and fitness was tougher.

DA offices just have you go get fingerprinted and self disclose any convictions, provide employment history, etc. No drug test even.

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Curious about this...
IMHO the background check and application for character and fitness was tougher.

DA offices just have you go get fingerprinted and self disclose any convictions, provide employment history, etc. No drug test even.

I'd be surprised if the DA's office doesn't run your rap sheet to verify your convictions/arrests (or lack thereof). My office also interviewed my neighbors about me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”