NYU EIW 2017

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Ronnydiniro19
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:18 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Ronnydiniro19 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:27 pm

axel.foley wrote:3L here happy to answer any questions re: screeners, callbacks, offer dinners, etiquette, etc.


How long did it take for majority of your callbacks to come in??

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Weil NY (FA)

User avatar
miku015
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:03 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby miku015 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 pm

axel.foley wrote:3L here happy to answer any questions re: screeners, callbacks, offer dinners, etiquette, etc.


Are you supposed to send them a thank you e-mail if you receive a callback offer from interviewer directly over phone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Simpson Thacher (JG)

User avatar
beef26
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby beef26 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Ronnydiniro19 wrote:
axel.foley wrote:3L here happy to answer any questions re: screeners, callbacks, offer dinners, etiquette, etc.


How long did it take for majority of your callbacks to come in??


a different 3L, but happy to answer. Experience last year was that the day after the interview was the most likely CB contact date. Obviously there will be outliers (as the above postings suggest), but I got most of my CBs from Wednesday firms on Thursday.
miku015 wrote:
axel.foley wrote:3L here happy to answer any questions re: screeners, callbacks, offer dinners, etiquette, etc.


Are you supposed to send them a thank you e-mail if you receive a callback offer from interviewer directly over phone?


i assume you spoke to the interviewer? no need to e-mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:45 am

beef26 wrote:a different 3L, but happy to answer. Experience last year was that the day after the interview was the most likely CB contact date. Obviously there will be outliers (as the above postings suggest), but I got most of my CBs from Wednesday firms on Thursday.


Do they call during the day? Or after 5:39 when our Thursday interviews are done? Also does this mean Friday interviews will wait until Monday? Will they call on the weekend?

Thank you for your help!

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:26 am

Also got a Simpson Thacher callback last night.

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:56 am

Weil (SC)

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:57 am

Willkie NY (DS)

User avatar
beef26
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby beef26 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
beef26 wrote:a different 3L, but happy to answer. Experience last year was that the day after the interview was the most likely CB contact date. Obviously there will be outliers (as the above postings suggest), but I got most of my CBs from Wednesday firms on Thursday.


Do they call during the day? Or after 5:39 when our Thursday interviews are done? Also does this mean Friday interviews will wait until Monday? Will they call on the weekend?

Thank you for your help!


There is a good chance that you will get calls from yesterday's firms during the day (that's what happened to me last year). For today's firms, I would imagine 9-10pm is fair game if they're giving day-of notice, and then same rule applies for calling tomorrow during the day if CBs are not happening tonight.

IIRC, Friday firms are more inclined to try to get the CBs out by the end of the day of Friday. I remember getting quite a few calls from Friday firms after getting home. Of course, that doesn't mean that not hearing from a Friday firm on a Friday mean that you're out - so don't go there!

All of this to say -- make sure your phones are on silent during your Doubletree hours! Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:38 am

beef26 wrote:There is a good chance that you will get calls from yesterday's firms during the day (that's what happened to me last year). For today's firms, I would imagine 9-10pm is fair game if they're giving day-of notice, and then same rule applies for calling tomorrow during the day if CBs are not happening tonight.

IIRC, Friday firms are more inclined to try to get the CBs out by the end of the day of Friday. I remember getting quite a few calls from Friday firms after getting home. Of course, that doesn't mean that not hearing from a Friday firm on a Friday mean that you're out - so don't go there!

All of this to say -- make sure your phones are on silent during your Doubletree hours! Good luck!


Thank you for this! Also, Akin Gump NY CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:49 am

Dechert CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Fried Frank NY -Callback

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Fried Frank NY -Callback


Initials?

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Covington NY (RK)

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:00 pm

has anyone who got a call from weil received the recruiting email yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone who got a call from weil received the recruiting email yet?


Nope

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:03 pm

oh in the hallway bc i am a giant creep: k&e ny; freshfields; debevoise; not sure how i feel abt the "taking calls in the hallway culture" but i'm prob just bitter

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:oh in the hallway bc i am a giant creep: k&e ny; freshfields; debevoise; not sure how i feel abt the "taking calls in the hallway culture" but i'm prob just bitter


I just did it and felt so bad about it, but I was told to call back immediately and didn't have time to go back down before the next interview. It's so awkward and awful though and I don't want people to know I'm getting something and feel bad. Not totally sure how to manage this stuff to be quite honest.

ernie
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:34 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby ernie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Yeah I had to take some hallway calls, it's not a big deal imo.

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Paul Weiss CB (NY), interviewer was CC

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:49 pm

Reed Smith (morning interviewers) CB. Also, any Weil callbacks from CG? Pretty sure that one's a lost cause, but just want to make sure.

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Fried Frank DC (KG)
Cleary DC (PM)

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:16 pm

CB from Fried (DS)

Side note: I think hall way calls are acceptable. The elevators are crazy, people want to get the call into recruiting asap and the stairs are brutal. It sucks watching people make calls when you aren't getting them but we are all adults.

Anonymous User
Posts: 293743
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Above Fried CB was for NY... initials DS




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.