Timing after phone call

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Timing after phone call

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:49 pm

I got a phone call from the attorney who interviewed me yesterday afternoon offering me a callback. She said the recruiter would be in touch soon to schedule the callback. I still haven't heard anything back, and its been almost 24 hours. Is this normal, or should I be panicking? Thanks for the advice.

MrT

Bronze

Re: Timing after phone call

Postby MrT » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got a phone call from the attorney who interviewed me yesterday afternoon offering me a callback. She said the recruiter would be in touch soon to schedule the callback. I still haven't heard anything back, and its been almost 24 hours. Is this normal, or should I be panicking? Thanks for the advice.

Chill. Follow up at the end of the week if you still haven't heard anything.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Lol, calm down. They'll get back to you. If you don't hear by Friday, I'd consider sending an email to their recruiting folks...even then I might not. The recruiting departments at these firms are INCREDIBLY busy right now. They will get back to you.

Edit: Scooped.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:52 pm

OP Here,

thanks I appreciate it. I'm just anxious and was hoping this didn't mean that they were reconsidering.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Postby BmoreOrLess » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:05 pm

There's almost no chance the firm is reconsidering, but I had a recruiter not get back to me for like a week and a half in a similar situation because she forgot. I'd give it a few days and just call recruiting yourself.

Return to “Legal Employment�