CA OCI Callbacks/Offers/Dings Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: CA OCI Callbacks/Offers/Dings Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Any Milbank offers from CBs from over a week ago?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:25 pm

Any word from Morgan Lewis? They are so slow at getting offers out..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Has anybody recently received an Orrick offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:32 am

Anyone hear from Sheppard Mullin (So Cal), Jones Day (So Cal) or Foley (LA)?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Sheppard Mullin (So Cal), Jones Day (So Cal) or Foley (LA)?

Shep has offers out from DTLA and CC

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Sheppard Mullin (So Cal), Jones Day (So Cal) or Foley (LA)?

Got an offer from Jones Day last week and know of one other person who also has an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:22 am

Any hear from Jones Day SF?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:57 am

Also had an offer from a Jones Day So Cal office about two weeks ago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:40 am

Any offers at Morgan Lewis yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:23 am

Are these Jones Day So Cal offers for the Orange County office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:44 pm

Any MOFO LA offers/rejections/callbacks????

Lawnerd5678

New

Postby Lawnerd5678 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are these Jones Day So Cal offers for the Orange County office?

I know several offers in the DTLA office

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Anything from Sheppard Mullin SD or Jones Day SD?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anything from Sheppard Mullin SD or Jones Day SD?

I know at least one JD offer has gone out and was accepted. That was awhile ago, so I imagine they've made some progress since then.

SM Del Mar is also making offers.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Postby SmokeytheBear » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I know at least one JD offer has gone out and was accepted. That was awhile ago, so I imagine they've made some progress since then.

I envy those working in Del Mar, even if it means being at SM.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any MOFO LA offers/rejections/callbacks????

Post cb ding via email.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:33 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

There's always Latham Del Mar :P Associates at both seemed pretty happy for big law, and of course both firms chose the same beachfront restaurant for their CB lunches

longtimelurker123

New

Postby longtimelurker123 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Latham OC offer last night (SO's brother, not me)

BottomOfTotem

New

Postby BottomOfTotem » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:46 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

You're a tool. Every response I see that you post is dripping with egotistical douche-baggery. Not sure what is going wrong in your personal life, but why not just be nice? Come on, just stay away from the keys until you figure out how to interact with others.

I know nothing of SM Del Mar, but congrats to those who have received an offer there.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Postby SmokeytheBear » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:53 pm

BottomOfTotem wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

You're a tool. Every response I see that you post is dripping with egotistical douche-baggery. Not sure what is going wrong in your personal life, but why not just be nice? Come on, just stay away from the keys until you figure out how to interact with others.

I know nothing of SM Del Mar, but congrats to those who have received an offer there.

Literally every, or like every? 99% of the time I post no-bullshit realistic or positive advice. 1% of the time I throw in good humored sarcasm. If you have an issue with me, let's figure it out amigo. To further break it down, probably 60% of my advice is telling people to ignore vault rankings and to choose lower vault ranked firms above higher vault ranked firms; what's egotistical about that?

While you know nothing of SM Del Mar, I happen to know a good amount based on friends who work at the firm, what I have read about the firm, and what people who work there have posted on these forums. It is not a firm that I would want to work at based on the culture, the firm's business model, or the firm's financials.

LaLiLuLeLo

Silver

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:42 pm

BottomOfTotem wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Maybe if you don't know anything of SM Del Mar you should stay away from the keys instead of jumping all over someone. I've not heard good things about SM LA or DM, from actual attorneys, including friends.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any MOFO LA offers/rejections/callbacks????

Got a callback. Will report back once I hear more.

BottomOfTotem

New

Postby BottomOfTotem » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:13 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:
BottomOfTotem wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Literally every, or like every? 99% of the time I post no-bullshit realistic or positive advice. 1% of the time I throw in good humored sarcasm. If you have an issue with me, let's figure it out amigo. To further break it down, probably 60% of my advice is telling people to ignore vault rankings and to choose lower vault ranked firms above higher vault ranked firms; what's egotistical about that?

While you know nothing of SM Del Mar, I happen to know a good amount based on friends who work at the firm, what I have read about the firm, and what people who work there have posted on these forums. It is not a firm that I would want to work at based on the culture, the firm's business model, or the firm's financials.

No, "every response I see that you post." Don't attempt to nitpick, or throw around "lets work it out, amigo." It comes off as a sad attempt to be tough. It was a douchy post, so I called you out on it. Don't like it? Don't be a douche.

How would you have felt if you accepted there and then saw that post? Don't bullshit around after the fact and offer your anecdotal experience as a justification. If you would have posted the second paragraph on this last post as a warning regarding that office, hey, I respect that and would think it is nice of you to add help. The comment I quoted wasn't that.

And as to your percentage of posts, three come to mind on this thread alone: (1) the come on law students, actually try (as if none of us are trying); (2) why the love for Milbank (such a shitty firm); and (3) this post (such a shitty office and option for that student). That is just from memory, and they all have the egotistical veneer I mentioned. I am going to go out on a limb and guess there is a pattern. More importantly, why ever act like a douche?

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Postby SmokeytheBear » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:23 pm

BottomOfTotem wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:
BottomOfTotem wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

No, "every response I see that you post." Don't attempt to nitpick, or throw around "lets work it out, amigo." It comes off as a sad attempt to be tough. It was a douchy post, so I called you out on it. Don't like it? Don't be a douche.

How would you have felt if you accepted there and then saw that post? Don't bullshit around after the fact and offer your anecdotal experience as a justification. If you would have posted the second paragraph on this last post as a warning regarding that office, hey, I respect that and would think it is nice of you to add help. The comment I quoted wasn't that.

And as to your percentage of posts, three come to mind on this thread alone: (1) the come on law students, actually try (as if none of us are trying); (2) why the love for Milbank (such a shitty firm); and (3) this post (such a shitty office and option for that student). That is just from memory, and they all have the egotistical veneer I mentioned. I am going to go out on a limb and guess there is a pattern. More importantly, why ever act like a douche?

I think you're experiencing some OCI-enduced stress.

(1) I didn't say that none of you were trying. I said that the dozen or so people I had seen were not trying. I put that post up so that those of you who are not trying will try harder and to push you guys.
(2) I literally asked why the love for Milbank because more people have asked about Milbank than similarly situated firms like Skadden, Latham, Proskauer, S&C, Gibson, etc. I have extreme respect for that firm and the work they do. If you look at my other messages, which you clearly have not, I put them in the top rank of LA firms despite the fact that many people don't consider them in the same league in LA as Skadden, Latham, etc, for reasons that I do not understand. So I was honestly wondering if Milbank has become popular among law students--a group who will generally undervalue MIlbank because of its vault ranking compared to the other firms I just noted.
(3) I think that the ability to work in Del Mar and to make market pay in a town with a lower CoA and easier laid back lifestyle is amazing even though SM is not a great firm for the non-anecdotal reasons that I and LaDiDablabla noted.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Wondering about Weil SV offers

Return to “Legal Employment?