Using OSCAR transcript for firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Using OSCAR transcript for firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:25 pm

My school's registrar takes a long time to provide unofficial transcripts. For mass-mailing emails, is it acceptable to use my OSCAR transcript instead of one provided by the school?

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Using OSCAR transcript for firms

Postby sparkytrainer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:31 pm

or write one yourself like every law student does in a word doc?

runinthefront

Gold

Postby runinthefront » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:41 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:or write one yourself like every law student does in a word doc?

I've literally never heard of law students drafting their own unofficial law school transcripts. Is this common?
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pokemon

Gold

Postby Pokemon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:45 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:or write one yourself like every law student does in a word doc?

:lol:

sparkytrainer

Silver

Postby sparkytrainer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:50 pm

runinthefront wrote:

I've literally never heard of law students drafting their own unofficial law school transcripts. Is this common?

At my t13, my law school literally tells us to do so.

Lavitz

Gold

Postby Lavitz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:09 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
runinthefront wrote:

Never heard of this. Our registrar can produce an unofficial transcript about a day after you request it. Pretty sure your school is the anomaly here.

But hey, if your school tells everyone to do it, guess that's what OP should do.

Or we're being trolled.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Postby sparkytrainer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Lavitz wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
runinthefront wrote:

Never heard of this. Our registrar can produce an unofficial transcript about a day after you request it. Pretty sure your school is the anomaly here.

But hey, if your school tells everyone to do it, guess that's what OP should do.

Or we're being trolled.

Not trolling, but we might be an anomaly.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Seems like the word thing is unusual, but any input on the original question? Any reason this would be harmful? I want to get apps out before Tuesday or Wednesday when I would get my transcript.

runinthefront

Gold

Postby runinthefront » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Seems like the word thing is unusual, but any input on the original question? Any reason this would be harmful? I want to get apps out before Tuesday or Wednesday when I would get my transcript.

I guess that works. But why can't you just take a screenshot of whatever webpage lists your grades/GPA and then save as a pdf?
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lavarman84

Platinum

Postby lavarman84 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:11 pm

runinthefront wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Seems like the word thing is unusual, but any input on the original question? Any reason this would be harmful? I want to get apps out before Tuesday or Wednesday when I would get my transcript.

I guess that works. But why can't you just take a screenshot of whatever webpage lists your grades/GPA and then save as a pdf?

Yea, this is what I did. It's not like the firm cares as long as the grades are accurate.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Postby foregetaboutdre » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:57 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
runinthefront wrote:

my school does this to and even provides a word doc to fill in your grades. i am so paranoid about marking one wrong that i just screen shot the grade viewer app or whatever though. it also is 1000x easier.

Pokemon

Gold

Postby Pokemon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:15 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
runinthefront wrote:

Is that Cornell?! Out the tttt... like we can chat across the globe and send pics and on brink of ai revolution and some shithole of a school where you pay 200k+ for a lawl degree tells their students to fill their own word document with grades.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Postby sparkytrainer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:36 pm

Pokemon wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
runinthefront wrote:

Is that Cornell?! Out the tttt... like we can chat across the globe and send pics and on brink of ai revolution and some shithole of a school where you pay 200k+ for a lawl degree tells their students to fill their own word document with grades.

Maybe....shhh.....

runinthefront

Gold

Postby runinthefront » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Definitely not Cornell.

Lavitz

Gold

Postby Lavitz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Yeah, I have no idea which T13 has such a TTT registrar, but it's not Cornell.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Lavitz wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
runinthefront wrote:

Or we're being trolled.

So does mine, provides a word template and specifically tells people to use it rather than the unofficial pdf you can get from the registrar at any point in time.

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Postby Mr. Blackacre » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:43 am

foregetaboutdre wrote:my school does this to and even provides a word doc to fill in your grades. i am so paranoid about marking one wrong that i just screen shot the grade viewer app or whatever though. it also is 1000x easier.

Lol what kind of garbage T13 does this? This is probably the first time GeorgeTTTown's Registrar does shit better than other law schools. I didn't even know that was possible.

lolwat

Silver

Postby lolwat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:00 pm

We created our own unofficial transcripts at my t20. There is an option to get a school unofficial one but it didn't copy paste or otherwise port very well over into a doc / pdf. Kind of a giant fail considering everybody interviewing needs an unofficial transcript but hey...

Return to “Legal Employment�