Boston Market

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
tridog2613

New

Boston Market

Postby tridog2613 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:06 am

How is the Boston market these days? Most of the threads I've found seem to be a bit dated.

Is Ropes still considered the "best" firm? How does Goodwin and Wilmer compare? The smaller shops and satellites? I am interested primarily in corporate work and would like to exit into a counsel role eventually. Would any specific Boston firm or practice area within provide an advantage to achieving these goals?

I've also heard that Boston Big law is more relaxed than its counterpart in NY. Is this actually true of the bigger firms? What do people actually mean by more relaxed?

Thanks in advance for the responses. I am in the middle of interviews at both BOS and NY firms, and any information would be greatly appreciated!

Leagles5161

Bronze

Re: Boston Market

Postby Leagles5161 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Rumor has it that Boston Market is going public soon. If true, consider buying some stock. Damn good chicken

persia1921

New

Postby persia1921 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:48 pm

As the above answer is typical TLS crap I will give it a crack. Hope its helpful.

All three firms you mentioned are great BOS firms.

Ropes is the largest firm of the three in BOS and often has its names on the biggest deals. They also have a very well respected 40 Act Practice (if your interested in that). Goodwin, also does a lot of corporate and seems to do more in the emerging company space. I have heard from a lot of people that Wilmer is struggling in BOS in the corporate space. Obviously, they still a strong pick for litigation. DC is the hub so that may be something to take into account.

As for other offices and satellites its a mixed bag. There are some really strong BOS firms (Mintz, Choate, Nutter) that have been around forever and seem to be doing well.

Best bet is to interview and see if something clicks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Thoughts on best firm to do lit as an associate in Boston? Wondering if I will be stuck in doc review for a few years at a Goodwin or Ropes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Any thoughts about K&E's Boston office?

Ilikecoldweather

New

Postby Ilikecoldweather » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any thoughts about K&E's Boston office?

I don't think they're taking summers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:23 am

Ilikecoldweather wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any thoughts about K&E's Boston office?

I don't think they're taking summers.

Their boston office is coming to BU OCI to hire for corporate. I know they are doing some Bain work (which is traditionally Ropes)

Return to “Legal Employment�