2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:42 pm

At this point, more than I would like to admit. I feel good about the recent one though. Fingers crossed.

shantideva

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby shantideva » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:At this point, more than I would like to admit. I feel good about the recent one though. Fingers crossed.


Good luck! The EJW rep at my interview said that they got more than 400 applications this year. Last year they selected 77 fellows, this year hopefully more.

sanetzba

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby sanetzba » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:28 am

I keep getting the emails that I'm still in the running, but have yet to receive any interviews. Is there anyone else whose in the same situation? Still hoping I at least get an interview, but as we get further into February my hope is fading fast. :cry:

shantideva

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby shantideva » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:03 am

sanetzba wrote:I keep getting the emails that I'm still in the running, but have yet to receive any interviews. Is there anyone else whose in the same situation? Still hoping I at least get an interview, but as we get further into February my hope is fading fast. :cry:


Huh? I didn't get a mass email in February. I interviewed in January with corporate sponsor and got an email saying that they decided to fund another project, but that I was still in the running to be scooped by other sponsors.

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 am

sanetzba wrote:I keep getting the emails that I'm still in the running, but have yet to receive any interviews. Is there anyone else whose in the same situation? Still hoping I at least get an interview, but as we get further into February my hope is fading fast. :cry:

Same! I haven't gotten anything except for the mass update emails. No interest, no sponsors, nothing.

shantideva

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby shantideva » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
sanetzba wrote:I keep getting the emails that I'm still in the running, but have yet to receive any interviews. Is there anyone else whose in the same situation? Still hoping I at least get an interview, but as we get further into February my hope is fading fast. :cry:

Same! I haven't gotten anything except for the mass update emails. No interest, no sponsors, nothing.


What percentage of the fellowship class has been chosen?

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:21 pm

shantideva wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
sanetzba wrote:I keep getting the emails that I'm still in the running, but have yet to receive any interviews. Is there anyone else whose in the same situation? Still hoping I at least get an interview, but as we get further into February my hope is fading fast. :cry:

Same! I haven't gotten anything except for the mass update emails. No interest, no sponsors, nothing.


What percentage of the fellowship class has been chosen?

40% as of a couple weeks ago.

shantideva

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby shantideva » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
shantideva wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
sanetzba wrote:I keep getting the emails that I'm still in the running, but have yet to receive any interviews. Is there anyone else whose in the same situation? Still hoping I at least get an interview, but as we get further into February my hope is fading fast. :cry:

Same! I haven't gotten anything except for the mass update emails. No interest, no sponsors, nothing.


What percentage of the fellowship class has been chosen?

40% as of a couple weeks ago.


Ah, fewer than I thought.

Are you applying to other fellowship programs using the same project?

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 pm

I have had a few emails for the different interviews but have never received the mass emails. I would like to know if you're selected is the news delivered phone call or email.

shantideva

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby shantideva » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have had a few emails for the different interviews but have never received the mass emails. I would like to know if you're selected is the news delivered phone call or email.


My friend who got an offer in December received a phone call.

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:42 pm

I figured after the rejection emails I have received that the email is the "kiss of death". I will stop obsessively checking for the email now and hope for the call.

shantideva

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby shantideva » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I figured after the rejection emails I have received that the email is the "kiss of death". I will stop obsessively checking for the email now and hope for the call.


Did you get a call?!

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Complete silence :cry:

shantideva

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby shantideva » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Complete silence :cry:


It took me exactly a week to get my rejection (via email).

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:00 pm

shantideva wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Complete silence :cry:


It took me exactly a week to get my rejection (via email).


I got the dings for previous interviews anywhere from 1-3 weeks following the interview. I am not sure what to think about this one. I am trying to stay positive and will it into existence but the wait is exhausting. Hopefully good news will be coming soon. Good luck to everyone interviewing and waiting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:38 pm

I think EJW ghosted me haha

shantideva

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby shantideva » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:28 pm

I dropped out of the race b/c my judge asked me to stay on another year. Good luck to those still waiting!

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:38 am

Does anyone know how many positions have been funded so far?

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Bumping that last question -- any updates? I never got the February mass email and still haven't heard anything.

hmd0224

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby hmd0224 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:48 am

I interviewed with GT in November and was rejected about a week later. Got the status update email in December saying I was still being considered and 20% of spots had been filled. Have not heard anything since then even though it seems others got status update emails in January and February? I assumed I was out of the running but an EJW rep that visited my former school told a professor who worked on my app with me that they were pushing my application and it was still being considered. If that's true, not sure why I have not gotten any of the status updates. Anyone else not heard anything since December?

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:29 am

hmd0224 wrote:I interviewed with GT in November and was rejected about a week later. Got the status update email in December saying I was still being considered and 20% of spots had been filled. Have not heard anything since then even though it seems others got status update emails in January and February? I assumed I was out of the running but an EJW rep that visited my former school told a professor who worked on my app with me that they were pushing my application and it was still being considered. If that's true, not sure why I have not gotten any of the status updates. Anyone else not heard anything since December?



No word since January.

Anonymous User
Posts: 321598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-18 Skadden/EJW fellowship applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:35 pm

After numerous disappointing interviews I was finally offered a spot in the EJW Class of 2018. I know there were only "a couple" of spots open a few weeks ago and do not know what the status is after accepting the offer on Friday. If you are still in the running or holding on to hope for a buzzer beater, know that it is possible. Best of luck.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.