Instructing with Manhattan Review Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Instructing with Manhattan Review

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Does anyone know or have experience with Manhattan Review? I just finished my first interview and they want me to prepare a presentation to send as a file. They want to have me tutor students at 30/hr. It's hard to find reviews online, but from what I saw on Glassdoor, apparently instructors have a hard time getting actually paid from Manhattan Review. Has anyone had or heard similar stories? Would love to hear anything.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Instructing with Manhattan Review

Post by Pneumonia » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Is this Manhattan Prep or something else? If it's the big LSAT company, I can't imagine you'd have trouble getting paid. But maybe times have changed--$30 does seem low.

Anonymous User

Re: Instructing with Manhattan Review

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Bumping this with a warning: Don't work for these folks. Their presentation is fairly glossy, communication starts well, contract looks fine, and they genuinely seem competent. They'll get you some students eventually, though you'll be made to shill for your own hours. All of this is fine, to a point, but then comes payment time. They're in arrears to me in the 4 figures and they are offering a ton of excuses as to why they haven't paid me. I have not been paid a cent for work that I did over the course of four months. I'm going to keep trying, and if they ever do pay me I'll come back here and post it, but until then don't waste your time working for these folks. They're a dumpster fire with a glossy paint job.

I understand anon makes this fairly whatever but I am holding out hope of actually getting paid. You can google them and find similar stories. If those stories had been posted before I signed on I would never have worked for them. Don't make my mistake.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”